Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

16 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

I also had to come over here and post about the sheer number of blind and uninformed douche bags that are posting in the main thread and making it painful to read.  Mods, I know you are slammed, by why isn't the board in storm mode already and the clamps down?  Seems like the gun is always jumped on winter storms where life and property are rarely threatened.  This is an exponentially more serious event threatening millions of people.  

I agree we are slammed if you think the thread is bad now I can put the several hundred deleted posts back in to show what it was really like. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jburns said:

I agree we are slammed if you think the thread is bad now I can put the several hundred deleted posts back in to show what it was really like. 

I get it, and thanks for your contributions Burnsie.  So if I may ask, what is the qualifying criteria to throw the board into storm mode?  If its published somewhere just point me and I'll go read.

1 minute ago, kvegas-wx said:

I get it, and thanks for your contributions Burnsie.  So if I may ask, what is the qualifying criteria to throw the board into storm mode?  If its published somewhere just point me and I'll go read.

Who knows.  There's not a whole lot of organization behind the scene. Stuff just happens, sometimes.

7 hours ago, Disc said:

Thank-you southeast forum for keeping the Irma thread for Irma. The main forum thread is unreadable. 

The SE Crew is the best of the best :wub:

5 hours ago, ryan1234 said:

I don't really post that often on here anymore, but I felt I needed to post something regarding some of the other users. I find it really annoying and somewhat irresponsible how some users constantly post about "this storm won't do this" or "I don't see it hitting SC or GA, but I see it hitting NC." And yet, you have nothing to back up your information with, except it being your location. Can we please stop this tomfoolery? For people who come on here for vital information, it's very confusing to them. I am no meteorologist, however I do know enough as to not pay attention to certain users. Other people don't though and that isn't doing anyone good. Having said all that... there are a lot of very insightful users on here who know their stuff. And to those people, thank you so much!   

I second the bolded :D 

4 hours ago, jburns said:

My finger is sore from pressing the delete/warning/timeout button :( 

27 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Jburns,wow, buckeye, lookout are why our forum is so good. No bs just be adults.

Your check is in the mail sir :wub:  :lol:  

As a "lurker who knows enough to (mostly) keep her mouth shut" the only thing is ... I wish there was a little more activity in the SE thread for Irma. I get that it's still early for us, although becoming less so. Anyway, I end up in the gibberish-y main thread simply because that's where the posts are.

Put another way: post it and I will (quietly) read.

As a "lurker who knows enough to (mostly) keep her mouth shut" the only thing is ... I wish there was a little more activity in the SE thread for Irma. I get that it's still early for us, although becoming less so. Anyway, I end up in the gibberish-y main thread simply because that's where the posts are. 

Put another way: post it and I will (quietly) read.

You may already do this, but I like checking on when the models run, then I go to the main forum for the play by play. It's a great way to learn. If you don't understand a term or something just google it. I've learned a decent bit of basic info. 

32 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I was wondering how long it would take the old "I hope it's the worst storm ever"/"You're heartless, wishing death, destruction, and dismemberment on people" debate to begin with Irma.

Those MA and NE posters are special, not in a good way! They are probably pissed it's not going to hit them!? They are wondering why they can't have 40" of snow and 160 mph winds all in one year! Greedy sociopaths! 

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Those MA and NE posters are special, not in a good way! They are probably pissed it's not going to hit them!? They are wondering why they can't have 40" of snow and 160 mph winds all in one year! Greedy sociopaths! 

AND they missed out on the eclipse!  Mic drop!

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

AND they missed out on the eclipse!  Mic drop!

Hammer drop?

8 hours ago, ryan1234 said:

I don't really post that often on here anymore, but I felt I needed to post something regarding some of the other users. I find it really annoying and somewhat irresponsible how some users constantly post about "this storm won't do this" or "I don't see it hitting SC or GA, but I see it hitting NC." And yet, you have nothing to back up your information with, except it being your location. Can we please stop this tomfoolery? For people who come on here for vital information, it's very confusing to them. I am no meteorologist, however I do know enough as to not pay attention to certain users. Other people don't though and that isn't doing anyone good. Having said all that... there are a lot of very insightful users on here who know their stuff. And to those people, thank you so much!   

The funny thing is, whether it's a tropical cyclone or a winter storm threat, these same users will behave/post the same way regardless. 

34 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

If you're talking in certanties about a hurricane track more than 4 days than its impacts being felt, you're an idiot and you should be disqualified from posting here. 

I was coming over to here to pretty much say the same exact thing. All these people who cling to each run like it's set in stone. Yes, there is some consensus amongst the models but that's going to change with each run. 

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

LOL...we will be partly breezy on Mon/Tuesday.  I did/hope we would get some good rains out of it but oh well.  Going to suck bad for Florida.   I can't imagine what southern FL will look like. 

Yeah it's gonna be bad down there.  Finally starting to feel good about my vacation at the beach next week.  This one's about over for eastern NC.

9 minutes ago, jshetley said:

I'm back at least for now following Irma, but will probably be leaving after this is over. You all may find this hard to believe, but I'm hoping this storm does not even get close enough for any rain here for many reasons.

You keep coming on here with these cryptic statements.  What's up man?

A lot, but the biggest thing right now is having a broken heart. It's tearing me apart. The last 6 weeks have just been awful for me and I don't see things ever getting better.

Dude, I am sorry.  Sincerely.  That's really hard.  I hope you don't stop posting, and I really mean that.  I know we kid around at some of your over the top drought and heat predictions, but all kidding aside, I hope you keep posting and I hope things get better for you.

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Dude, I am sorry.  Sincerely.  That's really hard.  I hope you don't stop posting, and I really mean that.  I know we kid around at some of your over the top drought and heat predictions, but all kidding aside, I hope you keep posting and I hope things get better for you.

Thank you.

A lot, but the biggest thing right now is having a broken heart. It's tearing me apart. The last 6 weeks have just been awful for me and I don't see things ever getting better.

As somebody who has personally gone threw hell this past year.....never....ever.....give up. It will get better. A LOT better. I have no idea what you are going threw, but if you ever need to hear a story so you know you are not alone and it does get better....you know how to reach me :hug: 

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yeah, that does suck! It always seems bad for awhile, really bad, but it always gets better! 

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

As somebody who has personally gone threw hell this past year.....never....ever.....give up. It will get better. A LOT better. I have no idea what you are going threw, but if you ever need to hear a story so you know you are not alone and it does get better....you know how to reach me :hug: 

Thank you so much.

16 minutes ago, jshetley said:

Hang in there, buddy. Been there as well, and believe me, things can ans WILL get better for you.

Archived