• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

I saw my first snows of the season the last few days!  First, there were snow showers in Helsinki on Tuesday, then accumulating snow on Tuesday evening aboard our boat on the Baltic Sea.  Then, further snow showers in Stockholm on Wednesday and accumulating snow on the coast on Wednesday afternoon!  Quite the sight in May!  I miss snow!

szhdkw.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

I saw my first snows of the season the last few days!  First, there were snow showers in Helsinki on Tuesday, then accumulating snow on Tuesday evening aboard our boat on the Baltic Sea.  Then, further snow showers in Stockholm on Wednesday and accumulating snow on the coast on Wednesday afternoon!  Quite the sight in May!  I miss snow!

szhdkw.jpg

Nice!! That's a cruse I would love, which my wife would hate. Not sure you want to go home right now; check out the map I posted in the Long Range.  

3 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

A new future weather enthusiast came into the world yesterday!  My wife gave birth to my second kid.  This time it's a little boy! 

and yes I'll show him how much JB is a hype machine. 

Congratulations!  Big sister looks proud and is very pretty. 

On 4/14/2017 at 2:40 PM, yotaman said:

Has anyone turned on their A/C on yet? I try to hold off until may but the temp in the house is starting to crawl upwards these last few days despite the somewhat cooler nights and with temps forecasted in the upper 70's to low 80's next week looks like I may have to turn it on.

I turned mine on two weekends ago but only because I had over night visitors and wanted to make sure they were comfortable. So not counting that, so far so good. BUT, looks like it may happen next week with numbers being forecast; mid to upper 80s with lows in mid 60s. YIKES! 

23 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

A new future weather enthusiast came into the world yesterday!  My wife gave birth to my second kid.  This time it's a little boy! 

IMG_1343.JPG

Congrats! Incredible being a parent! And may the force be with, two is a whole different ballgame! (Although maybe sis is big enough to be a good helper at least). :)

8 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Pretty cool. I saw one a few weeks ago as well. I read they don't even eat cause they only live about one day. Just long enough to try and find a quick mate.

More like 1 week, but yeah, they only have one goal.  

3 hours ago, jburns said:

Nope. Not those hateful things.  lol   Luna moths eat tree leaves.

Your right! It's the Sphinx moth! I knew it was a cool moth , but I had the wrong one! They are attracted to moon vine flowers, which I plant every year! So I'm inviting disaster to my tomato plants, from those savages!

16 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

It ain't the same without Mark Mancuso, and Jeanetta Jones, and swizzle-stick Bob Stokes! :)

And don't forget about Mike Bono, Jill Brown and Declan Cannon!

Here's one of my favorite commercials, featuring the aforementioned, Mike Bono:

On 5/11/2017 at 6:08 PM, LithiaWx said:

IMG_1343.JPG

Congrats man! No better enjoyment than being a parent.

Archived