Weathernoob335
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeels!

Kids gutted it out tonight and made me proud. Meeks was a monster. Kudos to Berry for playing through the pain. Wheather his shots fall or not the team is not the same wo him running the floor. Ducks are a great team and were very tough. They will be back . Awesome heels D and a lot of luck in to that "W"

Now we finish this.

3 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

Kids gutted it out tonight and made me proud. Meeks was a monster. Kudos to Berry for playing through the pain. Wheather his shots fall or not the team is not the same wo him running the floor. Ducks are a great team and were very tough. They will be back . Awesome heels D and a lot of luck in to that "W"

Now we finish this.

Agreed! Lots of luck!! It was hard watching all those misses free throws the last minute or so!! :(

OK - help me out here...

This afternoon's AFD

Based on faster timing shown by hires guidance, the main precip
axis will be east of the area shortly after midnight, with a
pronounced dry slot early Tuesday. Mild lows of 60-65.

Tomorrow's forecast

Monday Night
Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11pm. Low around 64. South wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Does that mean that I can only expect an hour of precip tomorrow night?

31 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Never kiddo, missed you glad you are happy and settled.

Thanks sir :hug: All this extra driving from CAE has taken its toll :lol:   In March alone I traveled well over 8400 miles just in SC and GA. Between the travel, the crushed fingers, divorce, and being a single Mom caring for Mom, this spring season has been challenging to say the least but I have survived and I'm most certainly stronger for it :D 

Moving down from DC area to Winston in a few months...starting to do my weather-nerd research in advance.

Which NWS office technically covers W-S?  I know officially it might list Raleigh, but it seems geographically between there and Blacksburg no?

Any good links to read local climo stuff?  Winter weather in particular.

Thanks and cheers!

1 hour ago, CARDC79 said:

Moving down from DC area to Winston in a few months...starting to do my weather-nerd research in advance.

Which NWS office technically covers W-S?  I know officially it might list Raleigh, but it seems geographically between there and Blacksburg no?

Thanks and cheers!

Yeah the Raleigh office covers that area.  In terms of this AmWx subforum, Winston is a good spot winter weather wise.  I would recommend you have an alternate heat source (generator / fireplace / wood stove / gas logs) as that area is prone to have significant ice storms at times.  Here are a few links and an image for some more info...

http://www.weather.gov/rah/events

http://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/winter_wx/Patterns.php

http://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/winter

5yaUfty.gif

On 4/5/2017 at 9:41 PM, CARDC79 said:

Thanks and cheers!

WElcome to NC. I just moved down here about a year ago from Loudoun County in Northern VA.

Has anyone turned on their A/C on yet? I try to hold off until may but the temp in the house is starting to crawl upwards these last few days despite the somewhat cooler nights and with temps forecasted in the upper 70's to low 80's next week looks like I may have to turn it on.

31 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Has anyone turned on their A/C on yet? I try to hold off until may but the temp in the house is starting to crawl upwards these last few days despite the somewhat cooler nights and with temps forecasted in the upper 70's to low 80's next week looks like I may have to turn it on.

It's been off and on since Feb! My tolerance for a hot house is 75 degrees, that's when I have to turn it on! At 80-85 degrees, it don't take long to heat up

50 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Two weeks ago.  Low 80s with slight humidity during the day

Archived