Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until I hit 55 today and dp's hit mid 30s! :( 

It takes a lot to get snow here, anytime, but mid March, it takes all the planets aligning, and a Duke loss! So we will have one of those, atleast! Duke sux

lol, apparently not as much as your Heels!  Go Tigers!!  2016 Natiinal Champs!!

10 hours ago, Snow dog said:

Until I hit 55 today and dp's hit mid 30s! :( 

It takes a lot to get snow here, anytime, but mid March, it takes all the planets aligning, and a Duke loss! So we will have one of those, atleast! Duke sux

lol, apparently not as much as your Heels!  Go Tigers!!  2016 Natiinal Champs!!

We will be having to hear about the 2016 championship for the next 36 years!??:(

42 minutes ago, jburns said:

First I went to the Mt. Washington website and copied the single line of data.  Then I returned to this site where I clicked "quote" under the post I wanted to respond to. Then I typed a few words and hit return before I pasted the single line of data I copied from the Mt. Washington site into my post. Finally I simply clicked "Submit Reply" and like magic, it appeared in this thread.  I hope that helps.

Oh, and so there is no misunderstanding the above is sarcasm because my original post was not intended to denigrate either the NC mountains or your manhood. I simply thought 123 mph wind gusts with this storm were interesting whatever the latitude. I was probably roaming the NC high country before your parents were born. I am well aware of the extremes of weather.

I'm going to move this here.. but I  was simply continuing discussion because it seemed you were implying that WNC mountain extreme weather was nothing compared to Mt. Washington. While that may be true, there's no reason to be a smartass about it and try to insult my intelligence and bring up my age? That type of behavior would deter others from posting here.. I have contributed to this board for 7 years and back on eastern and there is absolutely no reason for you to call me out like that.

25 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I'm going to move this here.. but I  was simply continuing discussion because it seemed you were implying that WNC mountain extreme weather was nothing compared to Mt. Washington. While that may be true, there's no reason to be a smartass about it and try to insult my intelligence and bring up my age? That type of behavior would deter others from posting here.. I have contributed to this board for 7 years and back on eastern and there is absolutely no reason for you to call me out like that.

I don't believe I mentioned your intelligence. You are inferring things I never implied. Interesting that you protest my mentioning your age and then use the number of years you have been on the board as some kind of defense. I know you have been on the board for seven years. I have socks that old. In any case, this is not worth arguing about.  I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt.

16 minutes ago, jburns said:

I don't believe I mentioned your intelligence. You are inferring things I never implied. Interesting that you protest my mentioning your age and then use the number of years you have been on the board as some kind of defense. I know you have been on the board for seven years. I have socks that old. In any case, this is not worth arguing about.  I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt.

No worries.. have a nice evening

Archived