Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took my new Rescue from a husky group in Franklin County, as he was found for sale on FB in SC being chained up to a tree and laying in dirt and motor oil.  Some people are such A Holkes and shouldnt ever own a dog. They rescued him and we adopted him 3 weeks later and he is an awesome dog. First he ever saw the beach and ocean and loved it. I took him up to Jockeys Ridge in OBX and got this pic with him with sun starting to set.

Meet Stryker :)

IMG_3614.JPG

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, Avdave said:

Took my new Rescue from a husky group in Franklin County, as he was found for sale on FB in SC being chained up to a tree and laying in dirt and motor oil.  Some people are such A Holkes and shouldnt ever own a dog. They rescued him and we adopted him 3 weeks later and he is an awesome dog. First he ever saw the beach and ocean and loved it. I took him up to Jockeys Ridge in OBX and got this pic with him with sun starting to set.

Meet Stryker :)

IMG_3614.JPG

Beautiful Husky. Our husky will turn 5 in June. He is a very lovable and huggable dog. He is the opposite of our first husky who was standoffish and only wanted attention on her terms.

9 hours ago, yotaman said:

Beautiful Husky. Our husky will turn 5 in June. He is a very lovable and huggable dog. He is the opposite of our first husky who was standoffish and only wanted attention on her terms.

Thank you Yotaman. Ive had huskies since my senior year in high school along time ago. I love the breed and always have. Best dogs. My last one that had lymphoma and passed away in Nov was like that. You had to hug her and be with her on her bed only. She wouldnt get on the bed and snuggle with you. This goofball rescue is the total opposite. He sits with me on the couch and will sleep in bed with the wife and I.  He does have separation anxiety but we are slowly working on that.   Love him though.

15 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I have seen more and heavier snow this morning at 67f with pedals blowing off of Bradford Pear trees than I have seen all winter long.  It was really piling up for a few minutes there.

You might get lucky and get some hail accumulation this evening. Not sure if your Bradford Pears would like it.

Just think, only nine more months until we can start dreaming of snow storms again.   

14 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

I have seen more and heavier snow this morning at 67f with pedals blowing off of Bradford Pear trees than I have seen all winter long.  It was really piling up for a few minutes there.

I seem to remember them always blooming in mid-March. I guess the warm winter means they're early this year.

All of the recent GFS runs have been showing some sort of development towards a colder or at least normal pattern next week. They also keep cooling us down for this weekend. We might have two freezes (Fri and Sat night) and temps maybe only hitting 50 on Saturday. That'd be something.

The world lost a good man yesterday. 

my childhood friend who I grew up with and have known for 20 years passed yesterday of brain cancer. He didn't post here but he was one of us.  A true weather fanatic who loved this hobby which is our passion. 

This is is a very hard loss for me but knowing he is out of pain is comforting.  He battled hard against brain cancer for a year but it was a death sentence finding out he had cancer at stage 4 already early last year.   Pray for him, his family, and friends.  He was my brother,  my family.  He was a huge dave Schwartz fan who just lost his battle with cancer shortly before my buddy passed.  I'm on the left and alex is on the right in this photo.  Again,  he was a great man and loved weather.  Enjoy life folks it can be short. IMG_3011.PNG

Archived