SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Brad P as a met, but he's been quite condescending in several recent tweets with his pro-tips and LOLs. It seems as if he feels a need to defend what he does for a living, but I'm not sure why. Sane and logical people can very much appreciate his approach and skill by observing his work. These types of tweets make him seem petty, IMO. (Of course, he didn't ask for my opinion.)

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, southernskimmer said:

Sick of all of the wishcasting posts in the disco thread. Let the higher educated do their thing and try to learn a thing or two. Your "two cents" belongs in banter. 

Exactly.  And a lot of posters have an uncanny command of the obvious, too.

If you don't have anything substantive to add to the event thread, post in banter.

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

Exactly.  And a lot of posters have an uncanny command of the obvious, too.

If you don't have anything substantive to add to the event thread, post in banter.

We just passed 1300 deleted posts in the event thread. So, if you think it is hard to read now, just imagine.

15 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Oh, lawdy.  You should get compensated per post.

BTW, is this not the most frightening notification one can receive on AmericanWX?  :D  j/k jburns!

jburns.jpeg

I try to not be intimidating.  That is the main reason I use my baby picture as my avatar.

Just now, jburns said:

Chattanooga wants nothing to do with another bus wreck. Whatever the reason.

Very true.  That was horrific.  I'm from Chattanooga originally and my parents still live there.  My wife, children, and I were there during Thanksgiving right after that occurred.  The entire city was stunned.

7 hours ago, calculus1 said:

I really like Brad P as a met, but he's been quite condescending in several recent tweets with his pro-tips and LOLs. It seems as if he feels a need to defend what he does for a living, but I'm not sure why. Sane and logical people can very much appreciate his approach and skill by observing his work. These types of tweets make him seem petty, IMO. (Of course, he didn't ask for my opinion.)

I always called it social media fatigue. It's like the fog of war, pretty soon you're just reacting without even thinking because you just have the thousand yard stare from responding to so many idiots coming at you from all angles. Having ran a social media account for a large popular brand I can speak from experience. Also, I think sometimes this is needed. We tend to expect too much on social media. You wouldn't say a bunch of idiotic stuff to someone's face and expect them to be polite 24/7. I haven't seen the original tweets and replies but I can make a pretty safe guess. 

3 hours ago, jburns said:

We just passed 1300 deleted posts in the event thread. So, if you think it is hard to read now, just imagine.

They're gonna work you to death man! Might I interest you in a visit to Amsterdam? We have some very special "coffeeshops" that can help reduce the stress.   :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I always called it social media fatigue. It's like the fog of war, pretty soon you're just reacting without even thinking because you just have the thousand yard stare from responding to so many idiots coming at you from all angles. Having ran a social media account for a large popular brand I can speak from experience. Also, I think sometimes this is needed. We tend to expect too much on social media. You wouldn't say a bunch of idiotic stuff to someone's face and expect them to be polite 24/7. I haven't seen the original tweets and replies but I can make a pretty safe guess. 

I hope you are right, Burger, about the fatigue. That would make sense.

7 hours ago, burgertime said:

They're gonna work you to death man! Might I interest you in a visit to Amsterdam? We have some very special "coffeeshops" that can help reduce the stress.   :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I've been to Amsterdam a time or two. There are all types of, um of....."attractions".:)

8 hours ago, southernskimmer said:

Never thought you were intimidating and this board greatly benefits from your supervision. Unreal how many idiots come out of the woodwork. You seem like a cool ol man like my dad 

Of course, I don't know your Dad but he must be uber cool. That would be the German uber, not the taxies. :)

Archived