Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Good luck guys! I've been so busy I haven't been able to catch up on the basics of this storm everyone is rooting for. Anyone care to give me the synopsis?

1. Euro bad 2. GFS good 3. Euro bad 4. GFS good 5. Euro bad 6. GFS bad 7. Euro good

Grump.  Don't WANT a winter storm this weekend.  I'm running a music convention downtown (Atlanta) this weekend, and my most important job in their eyes is hauling all their crap from the storage unit to hotel and the general shopping for the event.  Ice storms are no fun in a rear-wheel-drive light pickup with someone else's sound and stage gear in the back.

Sure would suck to be stuck in the hotel for days afterwards, with 30 of my best friends from out of state whom I see only once a year, and their instruments, like happened in 2011.  Was the best dead dog jam session EVER.

That weekend, life gave us lemons and bah, lemonade?  We made frickin' Long Island Iced Teas.

But once is enough, OK?

6 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

SouthernWx is shut down, I see?

They went into "storm mode" which they said was only going to lock out guest viewers.  But it apparently locked out most (all?) registered posters as well.  I'm registered there and get the permissions page error.  It's likely only moderators or site admins can access it right now.

Not quite sure that's what they intended... lol.

14 minutes ago, CherokeeGA said:

They went into "storm mode" which they said was only going to lock out guest viewers.  But it apparently locked out most (all?) registered posters as well.  I'm registered there and get the permissions page error.  It's likely only moderators or site admins can access it right now.

Not quite sure that's what they intended... lol.

Yeah, probably shouldn't be messing with things 2 days prior to a storm. Wonder when they figure out that it's just a small cadre publishing posts?

5 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Well, I just knew the year I wasn't around the real deal would finally show up. Meanwhile here in Amsterdam whenever it's cold enough to snow it's clear and sunny....but every other day it's rainy.  Reminds me a lot of Charlotte :lol:

That's how it works. We definitely miss your input. Still early enough to jump on a plain and head home...

Archived