joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

This storm gonna be a train wreck, just like Mariah Carey's lip sync performance just now! That was painful to watch

My gosh it was...why did they keep her going like that?

Everything went from cool rain to cold and dry now. I know actual suppression is rarely an issue for us, but that's what's being sold to us at this point. I hate having to have faith in models changing for the better. I know they'll change but, meh. Ukmet has been showing cold but dry the whole time, or leading up to it. Can't help but wonder if that's the story for this one.

Crazy models swings over the past few days.  Euro isn't burying the wave off the Oregon coast this run.  It's phasing in some northern stream energy out west and overrunning snow breaks out from Missouri to PA at 123.  It may get a little colder down the road though with more overrunning later as a positive tilt trough is digging into the SW

Euro is back to it's solution from a few days ago.  System one is a rainer with light snows to the NW of our region.  It then gets a little colder in time and there's some very light snow that moves through central AL to Raleigh area....very little though.  The solutions are all over the place right now, but only a small percentage are delivering

1 minute ago, griteater said:

Euro is back to it's solution from a few days ago.  System one is a rainer with light snows to the NW of our region.  It then gets a little colder in time and there's some very light snow that moves through central AL to Raleigh area....very little though.  The solutions all over the place right now, but only a small percentage are delivering

I was heartened after both the CMC and the GFS OP runs showed the same Thursday/Friday light system across most of NC but the EURO isn't buying it.

3 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

There's our sw flow back. Problem is with trough orientation takes 2 long to get cold in here. Bet 100 it's ens are more cold suppressed verse this . This will be outlier

The solutions that are diving the northern stream east into the big E Canada low are hanging the Pac wave off the west coast...so you get cold high pressure and maybe the weak, northern stream wave one system, but no good second system.  The solutions that are diving the northern stream west like tonight's Euro are bringing out the Pac wave, but are warm with rain. 

Archived