Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,336
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Snow13
    Newest Member
    Snow13
    Joined
StoneColdWeatherAustin

Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Gastonwxman said:

Another explosion of precip occurring southwest on the way toward Carolinas!  The precip just keeps on delivering!  You can also see that transition line is now a little further south than it was about a couple of hours ago.

WUNIDS_map.gif

That radar is not correct where I am. That shows snow here but I am getting 100% rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Regan said:

Not was Fish just said live on FB a few minutes ago. He said there could be some big surprises if you are on the right side. He said it'll get into the main part of the system here midnight or so. 

Now it just sounds like they are being vague so they don't sound wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

HRRR still showing snow for many into mid morning tomorrow

 

850's will be crashing too so should be some good ratios on the backside IF the HRRR is correct with precip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jshetley said:

That radar is not correct where I am. That shows snow here but I am getting 100% rain.

It'll be off in spots, but at least for where I'm located, it's correct that there is snow falling but with a bit of sleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PackGrad05 said:

Speaking of Mike Maze, he just posted on facebook that the northern half of Wake was going to see 6-9" of snow.  They are all over the place.  

 

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Now it just sounds like they are being vague so they don't sound wrong.

Definitely all over the place. They are showing the same inches too. The 4-6 and 6+ map. Fish seemed giddy tonight. It was odd. I still don't think the warm nose will be over (slightly south of) the rdu airport from what he said. But he said if you can be around that line you may see a nice surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HRRR kept drifting that snow/rain line farther south each run. Supposedly, I start seeing snow in 3-4 hours rather than waiting until after dawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fischel just called for 2" of compacted sleet in Raleigh while 9.2" in Roxboro.   Big miss for Raleigh it seems.  At the moment anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxBlue said:

HRRR kept drifting that snow/rain line farther south each run. Supposedly, I start seeing snow in 3-4 hours rather than waiting until after dawn.

Can you post the latest run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaryWx said:

Fischel just called for 2" of compacted sleet in Raleigh while 9.2" in Roxboro.   Big miss for Raleigh it seems.  At the moment anyway

Fishel has called for every solution in the past ten minutes. This is insane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaryWx said:

Fischel just called for 2" of compacted sleet in Raleigh while 9.2" in Roxboro.   Big miss for Raleigh it seems.  At the moment anyway

I just saw this. I am unbelievably confused by the huge differences in each Met on each channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cary_Snow95 said:

Fishel has called for every solution in the past ten minutes. This is insane

Haha that's true.  They used to forecast.  Now, they modelcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Regan said:

 

Definitely all over the place. They are showing the same inches too. The 4-6 and 6+ map. Fish seemed giddy tonight. It was odd. I still don't think the warm nose will be over (slightly south of) the rdu airport from what he said. But he said if you can be around that line you may see a nice surprise. 

You can't get more vague than putting 6+ on a call map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cold Rain said:

Haha that's true.  They used to forecast.  Now, they modelcast.

I think that's when they should say: "our best technology is now unable to determine whether you end up with six inches or all rain so you are just going to have to deal with not knowing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Can you post the latest run?

This is by 4 am. I'm seeing 1-2" by that time, which wasn't the case earlier.

 

HRRR.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cary_Snow95 said:

Fishel has called for every solution in the past ten minutes. This is insane

I was watching and didn't pick up on that. He certainly wasn't speaking of Raleigh as a whole. Maybe he was talking south Raleigh/Wake. Mike Maze posted some images on fb in the last few mins. Go check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I have snow.

Whet in WF are you? I'm in Heritage and just have buckets of IP right now. 

6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I have snow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×