Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Pretty cool living in Raleigh now and having real time data from RDU lol... That layer at 800mb is what i pointed out yesterday on the NAM bufkit skew-T. The warm sliver is just above 850mb's.  Once we can mix that out, we'll turn to snow. From there it just depends on the SLP track as to if we mix back with sleet or not after midnight. THis is for RDU airport area on up to the franklin/granville county line. Southeast wake is going to have issues until the 850's crash tomorrow. 

Thanks for the shout out, man!  Maybe we'll get lucky.

3 minutes ago, Gastonwxman said:

Man, whoever gets underneath all of that down off near the GA/SC border that's cold enough later on tonight....look out!  That's some precipitation falling...

Trajectory has it headed your way and then towards me it looks like, might have to stay up for that even if it is only sleet.  Will be quite epic if it holds together!

5 minutes ago, Gastonwxman said:

Man, whoever gets underneath all of that down off near the GA/SC border that's cold enough later on tonight....look out!  That's some precipitation falling...

WUNIDS_map.gif

absolutely - i am under that area now and its pouring, all snow the mix is gone

Just now, NEGa said:

absolutely - i am under that area now and its pouring, all snow the mix is gone

That's what I'm hoping for here in my area.  Been through 3 rounds of pure raging sleet all day with no flakes of snow to show despite having such being reported all around my area except to my south...It's a bit annoying when it snows in nearly every other direction but not where you live lol.  Snow should get going here pretty soon between now and midnight, at least...

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived