• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

At 60 your at 2 to 3 inch mark get to winston  espeacilly by pti it's getting in 5 to 6 range. I ain't on this common core math / metric system so I could stand corrected. 

However I still say it's going to be crowned the new king board wide come Sunday morning when it's time to hand out awards for this storm.

Thanks! yes it's been very consistent all week

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stovepipe said:

Hey T!  What is your plan if you end up under an epic sleet band?  :guitar:

Hey, man!  Good to hear from you.  How is that owl doing?  Or was it a wood pecker?  I'm still waiting to see how this evolves.  As of right now it looks like less sleet, and more snow, but you never know until it's falling.  I was worried about too much rain to start, but now I'm leaning more toward sleet, and snow.  I've got snow tires now, with studs, so I plan on doing all the hills I can eat while the buffet is open, lol.  I'll drive around looking at all there is to see, then when it freezes down the next night, I'll strap myself to my sled and launch myself into glory!!!  I'll recount my adventures....if I live :)  Tony

7 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Thanks! yes it's been very consistent all week

When you cross the green line that's right at .3 or 3 inches easily with your ratio. See map someone posted out to 72hr. So your on plus side of 3 inches there. Let's hope it gets it right on the money qpf wise. Euro should. Come in very similar

Edit: dark green line 7.5 mm

10 minutes ago, dsaur said:

Hey, man!  Good to hear from you.  How is that owl doing?  Or was it a wood pecker?  I'm still waiting to see how this evolves.  As of right now it looks like less sleet, and more snow, but you never know until it's falling.  I was worried about too much rain to start, but now I'm leaning more toward sleet, and snow.  I've got snow tires now, with studs, so I plan on doing all the hills I can eat while the buffet is open, lol.  I'll drive around looking at all there is to see, then when it freezes down the next night, I'll strap myself to my sled and launch myself into glory!!!  I'll recount my adventures....if I live :)  Tony

Here's to you hitting mach 5 on a sleeted hill down there, cheers brother!  Be safe!  :drunk:

Edit:  It was a woodpecker and the sob is still tearing up my wooden house.  Pecked around the metal plate I put up to cover the first hole, then moved on to other holes.  Not sure what to do!

Just now, griteater said:

I don't think the grandstanding is necessary from Pano but whatever

agreed....Everybody is searching for an answer on this.  The big guns refuse to put out their predictions because they don't want to be wrong so everybody is using models o convey their answers.  I don't see an issue.  That just ticked me the wrong way.

1 minute ago, mckinnonwg said:

agreed....Everybody is searching for an answer on this.  The big guns refuse to put out their predictions because they don't want to be wrong so everybody is using models o convey their answers.  I don't see an issue.  That just ticked me the wrong way.

Me too and it ain't the first time

5 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Here's to you hitting mach 5 on a sleeted hill down there, cheers brother!  Be safe!  :drunk:

Edit:  It was a woodpecker and the sob is still tearing up my wooden house.  Pecked around the metal plate I put up to cover the first hole, then moved on to other holes.  Not sure what to do!

Lady Woodpecker.  Sure, you'll have double the trouble at first, but then comes the honeymoon, and they may never come back, lol.  It obvious to me that bird is in love with your house, so you need to sway his affections....Lady Wood Pecker :)

I tell you, this is so strange for Goofy to pick up a storm and ride if for weeks, it's reminding me of the Doc a few years ago, that rode one in from LaLa land.  I keep waiting for the ax to drop, but he's staying firm to his general vision....it's almost scary.  Not long now for him to break the record...I mean it's got to be a record for the Gfs to carry one this long...might have to pop champagne and throw gatorade if he brings this storm in.  T

Just now, Casey Pierce said:

Just from observing the pbp on here, and looking at some of the 500mb maps, it seems very subtle changes with the trough orientation make massive differences in how far the precip expands back to the NW, the more neutral/negative the trough becomes the better this storm will be for QPF amounts, those farther east don't need that though, they're golden right now.

Yep fully agree

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I'll be good if I good end up with 2-4 and everybody east get a big one! 

Yep white ground is a win. We are very fortunate to have caught this window and timed this opportunity. Just ask MA and NE. May not get another one this winter, it's not advertising itself to be stellar the last 7 weeks. So whatever you get in the ole back yard take as much in as you can, atleast a 12 months supply.

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Yep white ground is a win. We are very fortunate to have caught this window and timed this opportunity. Just ask MA and NE. May not get another one this winter, it's not advertising itself to be stellar the last 7 weeks. So whatever you get in the ole back yard take as much in as you can, atleast a 12 months supply.

Ready for the Doc, Getting tired........ It may put me to bed upset if it ticks SE. lol

1 minute ago, mckinnonwg said:

Last model run before I can hit the bed.  Let's see what your made of EURO...

Welcome to the board! I have been on hiatus for quite a while, but welcome! The Southeast Group is the BEST to be in IMHO! Hoping you all get a healthy dose of the white stuff we all crave! LOL

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived