joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Euro has been a bloody mess for several runs in a row...no consistency.  We are at 72-84 hours when all this happens, it kind of needs to back it up today.

Pack really! The euro has been rock steady for the past couple of days until last night. The gfs was show 1 to 2 feet of snow in many areas this same time yesterday  and now it is showing zilch for some places. That's not being consistent by no means pack.

Just me, but I think the sharpness of the wave, and how far south it tracks across the SE is the key element in dictating the amplification and moisture plume of this system.  The wave over the Great Lakes is too far away to phase IMO....though it could impact the MA and NE in terms of how far north the system gets and how intense it is up there

Pack really! The euro has been rock steady for the past couple of days until last night. The gfs was show 1 to 2 feet of snow in many areas this same time yesterday  and now it is showing zilch for some places. That's not being consistent by no means pack.

I agree, I was about to comment on his post with exactly what you said. Euro has had ONE run out of the norm and that was 00z, its last run, the more the GFS runs the less consistent it gets with the exception of 6z and 12z today which were very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im riding the Ukie all the way on this. Its been a step ahead of all guidance the whole time weve been tracking this at 5H with the cold push when all other guidance waivered and is insistent on this phase when our energy from low #2 gets in the GOM.

GFS can't phase these 2 streams because it has to much spacing, seperation with Low# 2 when its in the GOM.

4 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

I agree, I was about to comment on his post with exactly what you said. Euro has had ONE run out of the norm and that was 00z, its last run, the more the GFS runs the less consistent it gets with the exception of 6z and 12z today which were very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Sunday night it was showing a rainstorm in the SE and snow north. To me it's been the most inconsistent out of all the top models.

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I think Sunday night it was showing a rainstorm in the SE and snow north. To me it's been the most inconsistent out of all the top models.

I second this. Technically the euro swapped places with the gfs which means the gfs sniffed out a good NC snow first.. gfs has a suppression bias in this timeframe so no surprise it's suppressed. Look for it to tick back NW throughout the next several runs.  To me GFS has had a great handle on this storm... euro not so much it tried to sell the suppressed looks for days while gfs insisted on a snowy look

Archived