joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, griteater said:

Sfc low moves across N FL and then off to the NE.  some light snow in NC/SC....very light, but this is the setup we should shoot for overall...with expectations low.

Yep agree with you and wow. It's a gamble could just root for 1st wave and have a shot at a dusting to 1 inch lollipop, but no doubt the 2cnd wave is so close  really being a big dog and trajectory right on our benchmark.  

By big dog I'm talking 3 inch + snow and not Jan 2000

Well I like the fact the Euro has a storm, I hate that precip is weak and doesn't start till the system hits the Atlantic. That rarely works out. Need to tap the gulf. It looks like it passed where it needs to be but there's no moisture tap. Baby's steps maybe? That run didn't make me rejump off the cliff.

We all know that the Euro has had a bias of over-amping storm systems. I don't know if it is still there after the recent upgrade. If it is, then we should see it spit out a ridiculous storm in the 72 hour time-frame only to temper it back to a weaker system as we approach verification time. The model runs over the next 24 hours should give us a general idea of whether we are looking at a track that is farther away from the coast or if we have a closer trend developing. I am not really looking at the precip output as much as I am the track at this point. As many have said already, cold air does not appear to be a problem. Now we can focus on the details.

Archived