Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McDowell_Weather said:

Right on man! Welcome to the board!

After the Asheville guy, I was worried for a split second but you guys quickly made it clear that you welcome posts of new guys.  Glad to know that all the following I have done over the last few years of this thread was following some great people !

This is my NWS grid forecast for late next week. Perfect for this time range.

Thursday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
Saturday
A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%

3 minutes ago, StoneColdWeatherAustin said:

After the Asheville guy, I was worried for a split second but you guys quickly made it clear that you welcome posts of new guys.  Glad to know that all the following I have done over the last few years of this thread was following some great people !

We always welcome new posters! Dont let a few rotten apples fool you lol :=)

6 minutes ago, StoneColdWeatherAustin said:

You changed your name already??!  Dude!

2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

This is my NWS grid forecast for late next week. Perfect for this time range.

Thursday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
Saturday
A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%

Here's mine....

Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
Friday
A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

2 minutes ago, StoneColdWeatherAustin said:

No. On tapatalk, this has always been my name. If I login to the actual forum site, it showed my actual name. I made them match so Asheville guy wouldn't hunt me down and beat me with his weather station.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ok let's drop the AshevilleGuy crap.  I warned him.  End of story, unless someone else wants to be warned.

2 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Here's mine....

Thursday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
Friday
A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Can't ask for anything more. It's really good to have the NWS offices start acknowledging this threat.

7 minutes ago, StoneColdWeatherAustin said:

No. On tapatalk, this has always been my name. If I login to the actual forum site, it showed my actual name. I made them match so Asheville guy wouldn't hunt me down and beat me with his weather station.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ah gotcha.  On the weather front, hopefully, the GFS keeps things suppressed here in a little bit.

Just now, CaryWx said:

You can't fault them Falls until Euro comes in better...if it does

Definitely a smart thing for the NWS to put out these type of numbers. If things (like euro) start looking better, they'll start easing the temps down as we get closer; but they can also easily raise them if that dreaded app runner occurs.     

Archived