SnowHabit
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Goes from flurries to moderate in an instant. Everything covered 

Down here in Death Valley, the first flakes started reaching the ground about 5 minutes ago.  Something of a lost cause anyways as we are at 35 degrees.  Would need this thing to   really crank up before it would matter much.  Not feeling it this time around - was at 21 degrees at 4 AM this morning and has been climbing steadily ever since.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Goes went from flurries to moderate in an instant. Everything covered 

Radar's still shredded guys ... let's not paint it as something it's not.  You may be back to flurries ...

We're waiting on some consolidation that should take place when the jet max rounds the trough and starts "kinking" the flow later on -

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Radar's still shredded guys ... let's not paint it as something it's not.  You may be back to flurries ...

We're waiting on some consolidation that should take place when the jet max rounds the trough and starts "kinking" the flow later on -

Well I live here and it's moderate snow. No other way to describe it

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How long do you think the rain lasts before flip back on reach around?

Hard to say...maybe 3-4 hours? It's not easy because it doesn't actually get that warm. Maybe like +1 to +2 at 925...but the trend has been to cool that level over the past several model cycles including short term models like RAP/HRRR. If you are getting huge lift, you might see snow for longer.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I live here and it's moderate snow. No other way to describe it

I never said it wasn't ...

you said "goes" which spins it like it's everywhere, all at once, moderate -

wrong -

it went moderate there, as in just there, and in fact,... i don't believe you that it's moderate at the time you posted/ now; radar shows you've lulled...

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wrong -

it went moderate there, and in fact,... i don't believe you; radar shows you've lulled...

The lull hasn't quite reached him yet on radar, but it will shortly.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Should be big around there. I'm sure Chris at GYX would like you to post more. ;)

26.9F and overcast here. 

Oh, I will be.  Expecting the heavy stuff between 18-2300 and I will be keeping you updated.  Hoping for the wind to be tame enough to get the lifts spinning in the morning...otherwise I'm putting on my skins and my headlamp and skinning wildcat at 0530.  

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wrong -

it went moderate there, as in just there, and in fact,... i don't believe you that it's moderate at the time you posted/ now; radar shows you've lulled...

Maybe you aren't sure where Tolland is?

All I said is it goes from flurries to moderate which it did. I mean why so angry about it?

Archived