Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes, my forecast has verified very well.

I'm pleased.

1.5" on a T-2" call.

Called for 3-6" low elevationswest of I495..6"+ higher elevations. Under inch inside 128.

Nice. Sounds like a win forecast to me. That's basically exactly what happened...except maybe slightly low in the lower elevations once you got near Leominster/Fitchburg...but that is nitpicking. They still have 300-400 feet anyway. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought  interior NE MA and into adjacent NH would do better. The subby zone didn't help the WAA stuff and the snow after the flip only amount to another 1-2 or so it seems. It was closer just west of rt 3 though...tight gradient. 

After the initial burst early this afternoon, it flipped to rain more quickly than I thought.  Then, it took a long time to flip back.  In fact, I was skeptical whether it was going to happen at all.  But, as you, Will and others pointed out, it was just a matter of time.  Once the wind direction changed, the flip shortly followed.  Decent finish at least.  It certainly looks nice out there.  

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What was ASH's total? They got sucker holed for about 2 hours this afternoon that prob cost them at least an inch. Maybe more. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe near 4"? Another area I thought would do better...although just west did better towards Hollis I think.  

I have 3.5'' on the deck on the Nashua/Hollis line. 

4 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Well I got nowhere near the 8.4" reported in my town. There must have been a ridiculous gradient across it since I sit on the eastern side. 

Yeah I was wondering where that report came from after your own observations. Maybe over by the Princeton line? But even there he elevation isn't that high and there def was an elevation gradient too. But perhaps they did a bit better plus a slantstick measurement and both combined gave that total. Who knows. My aunt and uncle live on 62 in Princeton not far past the line, I should ask them what they got. 

Archived