SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Scarborough, I briefly thought I heard a rumble of thunder but wasnt sure but my daughter came down (from bed) and asked what all the rumbling was. She also said she saw a flash outside. Checked outside to make sure we didnt just hear a plow and that wasn't it; so perhaps we had some thunder and lightning here as well.

4 minutes ago, kmcfarland99 said:

Here in Scarborough, I briefly thought I heard a rumble of thunder but wasnt sure but my daughter came down (from bed) and asked what all the rumbling was. She also said she saw a flash outside. Checked outside to make sure we didnt just hear a plow and that wasn't it; so perhaps we had some thunder and lightning here as well.

GF on Munjoy Hill reported lightning/thunder about 10 min ago

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A guy I know in Fitchburg had 11".  8" in Gardner

That 70 minutes of mixing prob cost us a shot at 8". Finished just shy of 6 but the mixing happened during a period when we had been getting close to 2" per hour. Still can't complain though. Everything is plastered. Really solid event. 

Just measured one more inch between 7 and 10pm to bring me to 8 on the nose.  Still snowing lightly but going to bed soon.  Fun storm but kinda a disappointment after being in the non-mountainous bullzone for about 20 runs. But we are over 2 ft for December which is cool, and it looks like more to come once we survive Tues-Wed. 

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Maine just full of man snow right now.

Build that pack at Sunday river. Hoping to get 4-5 feet again OTG to entice me into a March trip. This is one of those classic storms that really lays a thick base down in that area. 

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

What model did the best for that area? 

Prob the euro. Though the RGEM in the short term was pretty good. It had a very tight gradient near ORH which is exactly what happened. Literally 10-15 miles NW had 10" and 10 miles southeast had prob 3".

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Prob the euro. Though the RGEM in the short term was pretty good. It had a very tight gradient near ORH which is exactly what happened. Literally 10-15 miles NW had 10" and 10 miles southeast had prob 3".

Thanks. Very cool to follow. Would love to be in Maine right now. 

Archived