Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

4 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

seriously though this radar looks like so many others over the past several years just that it is warmer, if it was colder and same late blooming set up I would have pixie dust or flurries and be way more bummed out....its gonna rock in most of the 14-15 zone later

ORH area has had it better than anyone over the last several years... hard to argue otherwise. Always cold enough to snow... and far enough in any direction to get in on the goods or a storm.

We had that big finish here in 14-15... but overall... they have been on an insane run 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

512...just let it play out lol. I think you'll be fine. 

Scott I've got light rain my weather station which is 15 feet off the ground gives me 33° with a 32 Windshill had a 9 mile an hour gust was like a came in from the north maybe I'm getting ready to transition over gosh I hope so 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

ORH area has had it better than anyone over the last several years... hard to argue otherwise. Always cold enough to snow... and far enough in any direction to get in on the goods or a storm.

We had that big finish here in 14-15... but overall... they have been on an insane run 

As fas as anomalies go, ern MA is even moreso. It's time to pay the piper. 

1 minute ago, 512high said:

Scott I've got light rain my weather station which is 15 feet off the ground gives me 33° with a 32 Windshill had a 9 mile an hour gust was like a came in from the north maybe I'm getting ready to transition over gosh I hope so 

Give it a bit until the heavy stuff comes in...you're in a lull in lift and the echoes there are kind of crappy. Within an hour it should get back to ripping.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Give it a bit until the heavy stuff comes in...you're in a lull in lift and the echoes there are kind of crappy. Within an hour it should get back to ripping.

That's my thought as well. It's rasn here now but the lift hasn't really made it over the border yet

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

As fas as anomalies go, ern MA is even moreso. It's time to pay the piper. 

Yeah E MA (esp SE MA) has been more above normal than ORH the last few years...even though ORH has been on a sick run. But last year knocked them down a bit...only 47" at ORH which was like 22" below normal...while parts of SE MA cracked 40" and somehow weaseled another above average snow season. So while both areas are "Due" to pay the piper, you could say SE MA is "more due"...of course, we know that doesn't mean anything in reality for a given season. We just know at some point, we were going to start getting some systems that left them out.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

To an extent but Northampton is getting smoked in this band and they are pretty much valley floor. 

in a handful of cases not only does their lat help but I think being north of mt tom can help keep the cold air in at times, in march of 2007 there was a late season winter storm that changed us over to heavy ip but they just got destroyed with S++ and wound up with over a foot while we had half of that here (much colder storm)....but they can occasionally benefit

for more seaward passing coastals though, often fugly and often worse than here

Huge aggregates here ... the uneasy golf ball sized blatters too. 

you look up and the sky is festooned with them... they are falling fast, and the 2" of accumulation is gluey like finger paste at an unruly day care center..  it's actually just water on the car windows, as the previous snow has slid down and flops to the ground. 

i know other's are reporting this and that...but that's what is going on at this moment up here in nw middlesex co in Ayer.  

we'll see how dynamics and some of those other short term model histrionics unfold over the next couple three hours.  

beyond that...  this looks like about 20 minutes left of SW CT and maybe 4 hours ne sections and it's over.  we should delay that some with cyclonic curl ...assuming that actually succeeds.  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah E MA (esp SE MA) has been more above normal than ORH the last few years...even though ORH has been on a sick run. But last year knocked them down a bit...only 47" at ORH which was like 22" below normal...while parts of SE MA cracked 40" and somehow weaseled another above average snow season. So while both areas are "Due" to pay the piper, you could say SE MA is "more due"...of course, we know that doesn't mean anything in reality for a given season. We just know at some point, we were going to start getting some systems that left them out.

My last 5 yrs has been absurd. It's gonna regress sooner or later. But as we said before...it doesn't mean the next 2 yrs bring 8" of snow...many different ways to do it. Could be a string of avg years...who knows.

Archived