Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice. My guess is you will prob be in a pretty good spot...maybe have to chase a bit east up toward IZG (Freyberg ME) for most intense bands of the slight east bump is real. 

Thanks so much for the very thoughtful and informative post!  I chose Wolfeboro so my family wouldn't have to travel as far,  and will be safe, while I'm out chasing.   Freyberg is definitely on my radar...no pun intended.

Currently in Hartford, CT...picking up an SUV for the continued trip north.  Is 37 -rn.   

4 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

whats up guys, just stepping in over here for a bit as I;m amazed at some of these pressure falls and its just begun!  We over here in Syracuse are waiting for the LE to kick in so I'll chill in here for a bit.

Does anyone know how low the pressure falls need to be in a 24hr period or 12hr period to constitute Bomogenesis?

24mb in 24 hours

4 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Thanks so much for the very thoughtful and informative post!  I chose Wolfeboro so my family wouldn't have to travel as far,  and will be safe, while I'm out chasing.   Freyberg is definitely on my radar...no pun intended.

Currently in Hartford, CT...picking up an SUV for the continued trip north.  Is 37 -rn.   

Drive safely.  I'm pretty sure they're doing a good job on the interstate, but the semi-paved roads here in GC suck.

1 minute ago, J Paul Gordon said:

So, R/Sn line should collapse back SEwards. Is this because of rapid cyclogenesis (sorry for any spelling error), change in projected location of the SL?

Why will we get a hit and Kevin gets garbage?

As the low develops, the warm air advection between 2-5k above the ground will slow and cold air advection will commence as winds begin to come around to the NW in response to the low developing. The low will begin to wrap in a conveyor belt of moisture as it moves NE. Kevin will get clipped, but the ORH latitude will help benefit as the low moves NE and tries to wrap in heavier precip.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

As the low develops, the warm air advection between 2-5k above the ground will slow and cold air advection will commence as winds begin to come around to the NW in response to the low developing. The low will begin to wrap in a conveyor belt of moisture as it moves NE. Kevin will get clipped, but the ORH latitude will help benefit as the low moves NE and tries to wrap in heavier precip.

Thank you. Also, I forgot that Tolland is as far SW from us as it is. Always think it is in the NE Corner.

Just now, tavwtby said:

nice definition on that cam now, can actually see the flakes..what do you got about an inch otg?

Prob getting closer to two now, but winter hill is northwest by about 3-4 miles and also 300 feet higher. But on that cam, yeah, I'd estimate an inch or so.

Archived