Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th Storm Obs

HIPPYVALLEY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Yup.  It seems that typically the coastal areas south of Sagadahoc do better on events like this and from Sagadahoc on east fare better on events that tend to screw GC.  That works out pretty well for me.  :)

Ripping quarters/half dollars, vis <1/4.

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Looking at a webcam in the area, it appears that Bath is raining as well.

Yeah the coastal front loves to sneak onshore there, while Casco Bay kind of keeps Portland well west of the intrusion.

I'm working on my hand analysis of surface obs now, but it does look like the front is onshore already for most of Midcoast ME.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah the coastal front loves to sneak onshore there, while Casco Bay kind of keeps Portland well west of the intrusion.

I'm working on my hand analysis of surface obs now, but it does look like the front is onshore already for most of Midcoast ME.

How long do you expect it to continue to be snow on the beach of Ogunquit?

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

SW Mainers should keep an eye on the Portland LNB (44007) though. It's northwesterly right now, which is good for keeping the cold around longer. When that flips to SE, the front will be headed towards PWM.

Thanks for the tip! Will keep an eye on it for sure...

whats up guys, just stepping in over here for a bit as I;m amazed at some of these pressure falls and its just begun!  We over here in Syracuse are waiting for the LE to kick in so I'll chill in here for a bit.

Does anyone know how low the pressure falls need to be in a 24hr period or 12hr period to constitute Bomogenesis?

Just now, J Paul Gordon said:

looks like Rn/Sn line is right on top of us now. Original forecast seems to have been correct. Snow to rain with maybe a period back to snow toward the end of the storm. 1-3 here seems to be right on.

I take the over on 1-3...by a lot too.

Archived