• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January, the 2nd Meteorological winter month...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Good lord...it's bad enough we have people calling temperature readings fake it's another to post actual fake readings and call them comparable to other readings.

Is the media still giving this clown coverage?

Yeah...not to beat a dead horse in this Jan pattern thread, but his COOP site with shielding had -5F this morning...a far cry from his "valley" temp of -20F. That's colder than anything in N VT and N NH this morning.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not new. Almost every parameter goes into model equations. 

lol....I know it gets factored in, just didn't know that they were specifically modelling depth.   I guess it makes sense come to think of it.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

NOHRSC does it for Cocorahs stations, here is mine going bye bye 

41.7129_071.8809_2017010506_2017011206_0_600_400_us_a__1_63_1_63_138_2_snow_cover.png

I knew that NOHRSC modeled snowdepth, just not the GFS.

Enjoy the snow while you have it!

Just now, MetHerb said:

lol....I know it gets factored in, just didn't know that they were specifically modelling depth.   I guess it makes sense come to think of it.

I knew that NOHRSC modeled snowdepth, just not the GFS.

Enjoy the snow while you have it!

Euro as usual is much better 

33 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Uggs

KBDL_2017010900_eps_min_max_15.png

I know the larger syrup producers up north have started tapping but when I see 40s every day like that, I'm wondering if I need to tap early again.  I should have last year but waited.  I made out OK but if I had tapped last year in January, I could have picked up a few extra weeks.

17 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I know the larger syrup producers up north have started tapping but when I see 40s every day like that, I'm wondering if I need to tap early again.  I should have last year but waited.  I made out OK but if I had tapped last year in January, I could have picked up a few extra weeks.

you probably have an ORH climate though and its only 40's for a 2 hr period each day.

Archived