SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW - JB, still confident about Feb-March cold that holds in the east. He said may be snow in these parts around day 8 (Possibly)? 

This is about as good of an ensemble run at 500 mb and 850 mb this far out. The time uncertainty limits what a model can see, but I see no reason to rout out the cold in Canada now, as the opposite of the western trough pattern that we have seen is a hallmark of this run, with a ridge in the West. The markers we have set up for the February/March idea have been reached, and we have maintained all along that this winter would be strongest in the East later in the winter. The coldest air is now on our side of the pole overall and I believe the worst of winter is yet to come from the Mississippi eastward, with Texas still a battleground and the northern Plains likely cold.

4 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

FWIW - JB, still confident about Feb-March cold that holds in the east. He said may be snow in these parts around day 8 (Possibly)? 

This is about as good of an ensemble run at 500 mb and 850 mb this far out. The time uncertainty limits what a model can see, but I see no reason to rout out the cold in Canada now, as the opposite of the western trough pattern that we have seen is a hallmark of this run, with a ridge in the West. The markers we have set up for the February/March idea have been reached, and we have maintained all along that this winter would be strongest in the East later in the winter. The coldest air is now on our side of the pole overall and I believe the worst of winter is yet to come from the Mississippi eastward, with Texas still a battleground and the northern Plains likely cold.

I hope his points and ideas prove true to salvage what's left of winter.  The Op has been increasingly warmer and less amplified in the LR. Might be a blip or onto something.  The clipper or potential clipper as example.  Looked at 500mb and each run from yesterday to today at 18z each run seemed less amped and further east.  The it warms up and rains.  

Everything is going as planned with my forecast. I told everyone to skip several weeks including at least the first week of Feb. Gotta have the cold in place first..

Should see some crazy solutions of warm to winter weather in Feb...rather sharply...possible big east coast storm. Check back in 10 days we are getting closer.

1 minute ago, Timothy Clyde said:

Everything is going as planned with my forecast. I told everyone to skip several weeks including at least the first week of Feb. Gotta have the cold in place first..

Should see some crazy solutions of warm to winter weather in Feb...rather sharply...possible big east coast storm. Check back in 10 days we are getting closer.

You said no cold air until mid February.  Forecast bust.

4 minutes ago, Timothy Clyde said:

No one likes you.

5 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

The pattern relaxes briefly after this weekend trough lifts out and the northern branch retreats to the border. After this the EPO dump is coming with plenty of cold coming east and some hints of possible Atlantic blocking. 

We havnt seen this before at all this winter!? This time it's for real! :(

28 minutes ago, Timothy Clyde said:

Well thats great for people on the east coast. How do you think the south is looking ?

50 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Actually several hits with a few in the Deep South like this.  Would make the ATL to GSP folks happy...

IMG_4019.GIF

That's what I'm talking about! Finally a clown map to ease the withdrawals. I'm going to take this map verbatim and post to my Facebook!

Brb :ski:

Archived