Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, griteater said:

That's a classic throwback post from Cheez right there!  Dr. No dagger post! 

Euro does get precip up to Jacksonville this run with a sfc low running thru S FL into the N Bahamas, lol.  FYI, the GFS Ens member with the big storm (e16) drops the northern stream wave due south, deep into Texas as opposed to AR/LA.  Some others aren't that far west, but do sharpen the wave over the SE and have the gulf low.

Is there a link to see the ensemble member ?

4 hours ago, packbacker said:

GEFS still hell bent on putting on a fairly nice wintery Feb/nina pattern.  

Yeah, I noticed it is pretty consistent in wanting to make that ridge bridge into a -AO/-NAO down the line.  Weeklies hinted at in week 3/4 if I'm not mistaken.  If we can just get a week or 2 with that in Feb I'll be happy.  Big if.  I like that we do good in Feb with Grit's analogs, we've got the PV displacement, and a SOI crash.  Perhaps we get fortunate with it for a brief time.  

Waiting on something to track....patiently. 

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

18Z GFS ! Lol

the eternal optimism on the other board, is hilarious!! Over there it's like they are 3 days away from a March 93 redux. Here we are like , meh! It's like we are looking at 2 completely different sets of models!?

Its solution isn't too far away from a Gulf storm.

54 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

18Z GFS ! Lol

the eternal optimism on the other board, is hilarious!! Over there it's like they are 3 days away from a March 93 redux. Here we are like , meh! It's like we are looking at 2 completely different sets of models!?

Which other board?  The MA?

2 hours ago, JoshM said:

Without a HP up north, I'm nervous about any events, regardless of 850s.

Rightly so

38 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

To me that energy is way too far East. Even if the two streams did phase, which it doesn't look that close, it would be a real late bloomer. What am I missing there? 

You're not missing anything.  The northern stream would need to dig more to the southwest to give us a shot.  12z Euro members and 18z GFS members are skimpy on that solution.

1 hour ago, shahroz98 said:

Is there a link to see the ensemble member ?

Free Sites:

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ENSPRSNE_18z/ensprsloopmref.html (18z run - change URL for other runs)

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ENSHGTWIDE_18z/ensloopwide.html (18z run - change URL for other runs)

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/products/gefsplots/

Paid Sites:

WxBell, AmericanWx Models

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

How did the Craplies turn out?

In all seriousness , the MA crew seems to really like the new weeklies! That probably means we are screwed down here!! They said they basically keep the eastern trough look the whole run, once it sets up ! :) 

I'm all tingly inside, until ATLbacker provides his torchy spin on them!

25 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

In all seriousness , the MA crew seems to really like the new weeklies! That probably means we are screwed down here!! They said they basically keep the eastern trough look the whole run, once it sets up ! :) 

I don't have to spin...weeklies been calling for an ice age all winter.   Look at how warm it's been...only getting warmer from here on out.  Wouldn't be surprised to see 80's in Feb....actually it would be surprising if we don't reach the 80's in Feb.  

IMG_4011.PNG

33 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Eastern trough sounds pretty good.  We can start with that!

6 minutes ago, packbacker said:

I don't have to spin...weeklies been calling for an ice age all winter.   Look at how warm it's been...only getting warmer from here on out.  Wouldn't be surprised to see 80's in Feb....actually it would be surprising if we don't reach the 80's in Feb.  

IMG_4011.PNG

and if this isn't the warmest model it's probably underdone..

Edit: this is our 14 day avg sorry I'm in a daze from all of this heat.. Carry on

15 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Something is wrong with the weeklies this winter...they been stuck on showing cold/wintery pattern day 15+ for the most of this winter.   They been really unusable...CFS has been solid, cansips hit Jan.   

IMG_4012.PNG

I'm not sure they're ever really good.  2 winters ago they continually tried breaking down the raging -EPO and were consistently wrong.    Today despite showing a trof in the east I believe they were insanely warm.  That's not terribly unusual but it's an odd feature that often times the temp departures don't match the height anomalies.  Outside of the 01-02 winter I'm not sure I've ever seen trofing in place for any lengthy stretch with above normal temps. 

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

IMG_4011.PNG

Man, pack, as mild as it has felt here, you and I have really escaped pretty lightly compared to the rest.  Do you think it has been the CADs?

Archived