Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

It won't matter , look at the isobars in VA, that's a stout wedge about to set up! I havnt seen an actual 1040 high set up a CAD event for us in many , many years! 2002 maybe!?

A 1040 will get some cold down here for sure...and take some time to scour out. 

You thinking 'overrunning' here mack? 

9 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

That's insane.  You'll freeze your snovaries off Clayton!

It fell off a while back, I keep it in a Jar in my closet :)

I wont show the EPS basically shows that nasty SER rearing its ugly head again, Models are all over the place.  

9 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

A 1040 will get some cold down here for sure...and take some time to scour out. 

You thinking 'overrunning' here mack? 

Verbatim on that euro map, I would think so. Obviously the farther north in NC you are better your chances for ice. It would be building in and be raining , the changing the rain over to icy mix, IMO 

45 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I don't remember any spectacular winters around here in at least a decade.  But your point is well taken!

Actually It did. Watch my dates but 2013 and 2014 it saved the day and gave us a good 6 weekish run. Beleive it was 2013 we went well into March with those marginal events. It was all thanks to the EPO and thats what he was referring to. Had 0 help from the Atlantic, but it became the signal that drove the pattern and both times if I remember correctly occured after Holidays. 

Getting flashbacks of the ice storm in February 2014 we had in Augusta with this run. 1" of ice over an entire day brought down a lot of limbs, and this would be a travel disaster as well as a logistical nightmare for power crews. Of course, it's in fantasy land, but still something to keep an eye on.

Archived