Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

On 8/5/2017 at 1:02 PM, mackerel_sky said:

It's looked like " wet" patterns were setting up a few times the last month,only to not pan out. Hopefully we score in this projected pattern, looks good now. We desperately need it in the upstate.

Looks wet the next couple of days.

qpf_acc.us_ma.png

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Meh, remember the cool down and drier air we had 2 weeks ago ? Then they said the next weekend, last weekend, was going to be even cooler than that? It was dead wrong, the models just suck year round 

It's been cooler, just not in this tiny sliver over central NC and southern VA.ncep_cfsr_noram_t2m_anom.thumb.png.3062d2d5c623e2644407e3ee44333ed1.png

11 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Meh, remember the cool down and drier air we had 2 weeks ago ? Then they said the next weekend, last weekend, was going to be even cooler than that? It was dead wrong, the models just suck year round 

It's been cooler here too, just north of you near Paris Mtn. I was thinking the models have been spot on. 

20 hours ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

It has been phenomenally awesome and cool in the Triad. Not only did we not reach 90 until AFTER Independence Day, but we have not hit 90 since July 25, when it was 91.  We had our heat in mid July, but that's been about it.  Meteorological Autumn begins in 24 days!

Yep and it real feels like its already started. Been a long time since weve had a summer like this one and almost went totally unscaved from the excessive  heat.

On 8/8/2017 at 6:33 AM, gman said:

It's been cooler here too, just north of you near Paris Mtn. I was thinking the models have been spot on. 

A couple posters on here will complain NO MATTER WHAT! This has been one of the nicest summer's I can remember (up there with 2013 and 2003) and would take it every year. Most in our area have enjoyed it I think. We're not done yet, can still get hot in Sept, but odds go down. Looks like many could have an August without hitting 90 as well.!

14 hours ago, Solak said:

NWS RaleighVerified account @NWSRaleigh 59m59 minutes ago

Though the nature of precipitation this time of yr yields wide variability, an avg of 2-4" of rain is expected in central NC Fri-Tue. #NCWXDG28vD6XoAAe7t0.jpg

Keeps getting pushed back like last time. The forecast Sunday called for rain every day this week here. I'll be glad when it's wrong for next week again. Today's weather was perfect.

31 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Models are trending more to pulling the remnants of Harvey east towards our area eventually thus giving areas a good rain, especially upslope areas in WNC, SC and N GA. 

rainn.png

Looks good to me in west central GA.  I love that look.  Been slightly dry the last couple of weeks. 

On 8/17/2017 at 11:23 AM, mackerel_sky said:

Long range 10 days plus: AN temps, BN precip! The heavy "rain" events and "wet" periods forecasted the last month or so, have not materialized imby

If I could send you CLTs rain I would.  I've had enough of it this summer....we're in another thunderstorm right now.  I would love a couple of weeks with no rain.  

7 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

If I could send you CLTs rain I would.  I've had enough of it this summer....we're in another thunderstorm right now.  I would love a couple of weeks with no rain.  

I do a lot of work outside and the grass is just crispy as hay! And more dust comes up when you cut grass , than grass clippings . It really is bad here and looking like this strong front, is gonna screw us again with no rain

Archived