SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That said the 12z GFS doesn't look too horrible for heat until the very end of the run mid-July... prime heat climatology and past truncation. Hey, I try to have hope in these doom times. 'prime heat climatology and past truncation'... they said the same thing about Cersei Lannister, no?

42 minutes ago, whamby said:

That said the 12z GFS doesn't look too horrible for heat until the very end of the run mid-July... prime heat climatology and past truncation. Hey, I try to have hope in these doom times. 'prime heat climatology and past truncation'... they said the same thing about Cersei Lannister, no?

Winter is coming and so is GOT. 

The GFS run has a nice warm up with well above normal temps for a lot of the deep SE but its not that horrible in NC and parts of SC. Here is the GFS Para, it cooks us for 6 straight days but then the trough clears the area and it goes well below normal again, this fits the pattern we are in pretty well and I will take 6-8 hot days if it means 4-5 cool days mixed in. Much better than wall to wall heat. 

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfsp&region=eus&pkg=T2m&runtime=2017062812&fh=240

14 hours ago, downeastnc said:

The GFS run has a nice warm up with well above normal temps for a lot of the deep SE but its not that horrible in NC and parts of SC. Here is the GFS Para, it cooks us for 6 straight days but then the trough clears the area and it goes well below normal again, this fits the pattern we are in pretty well and I will take 6-8 hot days if it means 4-5 cool days mixed in. Much better than wall to wall heat. 

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfsp&region=eus&pkg=T2m&runtime=2017062812&fh=240

I'll take that.

30 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Shoot lets go for a 8. Get Yellowstone to blow and we'll have snow on the 4th of July.....or at least ash.

i know you're kidding but an 8 would kill off a **** ton of stuff we need.  

Hell of a way to go go out though lol epic year round winter for years.  Pretty sure we have reached he bargaining stage of wanting some winter storms.  Cant remember how much farther down acceptance is.  

2 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

i know you're kidding but an 8 would kill off a **** ton of stuff we need.  

Hell of a way to go go out though lol epic year round winter for years.  

Yep, we would actually be model tracking rain and warm weather episodes.  

But you're right, if we could get one of those volcanoes in Iceland to go off that may make us happy here in the SE.    

3 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Largest earthquake swarm in 4 years ongoing at Yellowstone, although it seems to have slowed a bit this week.

Ash fallout from a Yellowstone eruption would be epic in the Midwest and Rockies even out here as falls said we would see ashfall.  Scary **** and it will go off again some day. 

4 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

Ash fallout from a Yellowstone eruption would be epic in the Midwest and Rockies even out here as falls said we would see ashfall.  Scary **** and it will go off again some day. 

Yep.  I feel safe in predicting that by the time it was over there would be no dinosaurs left.

There does seem to be a greater influence from the Atlantic over the past one and a half years. 

It is easy to recall late summer 2015 and how regularly cloudy and cool it became, and after that there has been a unique balance that does feel rather unprecedented.  Then I do regularly remember this post,  thinking it might actually be very accurate.  

On 11/8/2015 at 7:40 PM, J.C. said:

49F Cloudy, rainy, and breezy

How long before we officially become a maritime climate?  :flood:

22 hours ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Both the EURO and UKIE have another decent trof around day 6/7,impressive low heights for early/mid July standards.

Death ridge parked over the desert SW for a while but part of that you would think eventually breaks off and comes east.We'll see.

You would think but this has been the them this whole season going on for over a month.  We keep getting troughs and lower heights while the Ridge out west keeps regenerating.

Looks like another short heat wave on tap for the rest of this week with high's in the low to mid 90's for us before the next front comes thru. I really like these summertime fronts. Hope they continue to come thru on a regular basis to keep the heat at bay.

Archived