Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, griteater said:

No I'm just busy today and was throwing in a comment on the Jan 2 storm. Big hit on Dec 28 with the strong damming

Busy as a bee myself. Having to do drive bys to see what's going on. You guys with clowns feel free to post. Sure I'm not the only one entertain and driving to and fro. Thanks

9 minutes ago, griteater said:

No I'm just busy today and was throwing in a comment on the Jan 2 storm. Big hit on Dec 28 with the strong damming

Just messing with ya.  Euro 12z shows temps at 850 and 925 predominantly snow.  Waa may take over towards the end. Precip should be mainly snow and IP for majority of NC

7 minutes ago, tazaroo said:

There's a separate thread for that.

I'm aware of that. 

6 minutes ago, griteater said:

Jan 2 is actually a weak wave diving in from the NW for a weak Miller A, but yeah there is another bigger wave there in the SW that could yield another wintry storm on Jan 4-5

Yes, there are multiple waves to watch closely.

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

It'll be nice to get a wintry event with temps possibly below freezing at or near the start! Last few storms have had temps start between 39-50! :(

Euro showing some love.  In the form of freezing rain though.  R/s looks trapped north of NC SC border. What's really interesting is how stout the Euro showing the CAD.  The temperature map below is after 90% of the precip  is gone.  

Screenshot_20171223-142857.png

23 minutes ago, nchighcountrywx said:

Can someone list the link to create the new ECMWF Meteorgrams at Weather.US?

i see the models but not the meteorgram format 

is it a separate paid option?

Was wanting to look at Ryan’s new products 

Try this, you can change the city and use the Ensemble forecast for 15 days, select snow depth option.

https://weather.us/forecast/4487042-raleigh/ensemble/euro/snow

20 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Wow, the JMA is a more amplified version of the euro/gfs. Drops nearly 2 inches of QPF over the norther deep south into NC. Would be a large ice/snow situation. I like where we're sitting. Just need the GGEM and NAVGEM to amplify more for me to feel more confident.

Where can I get the JMA data from?

33 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Wow, the JMA is a more amplified version of the euro/gfs. Drops nearly 2 inches of QPF over the norther deep south into NC. Would be a large ice/snow situation. I like where we're sitting. Just need the GGEM and NAVGEM to amplify more for me to feel more confident.

Are you sitting in Raleigh or Hickory?  Just curious to which one you think will do better.

Archived