Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mackerel_sky said:

I'm only out to the 27th, but could be setting up for a big wedgy! Grit said we needed faster ejection, we got it! Just into not so cold air! :(

It's a really cold and snowy run...in Chicago up into Canada.  It's our typical SE winter storm....cool to warm rain to seasonal temps after.  

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

It's a really cold and snowy run...in Chicago up into Canada.  It's our typical SE winter storm....cool to warm rain to seasonal temps after.  

We were due for a bad run.  We haven't had one since 6z.  The Euro still looks good and the GFS has been bouncing around a lot.

4 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

It does, but it always seems our storms are later rather than earlier.... keeps getting pushed back.

I notice that as well...

First was Christmas (that’s out)

then it was the 29th/30th (looking less and less likely)

now it is Jan. 2nd timeframe 

lets all face it... this is looking more and more like a bust unless the ensembles save us

4 minutes ago, LovingGulfLows said:

Reminds me of the last few winters where big snowstorms show up in the D10-15 range, but keeps getting delayed and delayed so it's sort of hard to take the GFS long range seriously. Sure there are "big players" on the field, but you don't win a big game if your big players never play.

I don't see how anybody can take the operational GFS with any seriousness beyond a few days, with that said, you might as well just use the NAM and RGEM.  The GFS went from serious cold coming in early next week to seasonal, and it will change ten more times by Christmas Day.  Like others have said, how is a storm going to blast right through a high of that magnitude.  Either the high isn't as strong as modeled, or the storm is pushed south.  My money is on the storm track being correct and we are looking at highs in the mid 50s next week.

Archived