Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, packbacker said:

GFS just drew a line in the sand...your play Euro. get_orig_img.php?model=gfs&run_time=18z&

If this verified, we would enter a new ice age. All it would take after that groundwork was laid was a little 1034 HP parked over central Georgia and we might be able to get the Bahamas in the game for some wintry precipitation 

3 hours ago, NCSNOW said:

Actually It did. Watch my dates but 2013 and 2014 it saved the day and gave us a good 6 weekish run. Beleive it was 2013 we went well into March with those marginal events. It was all thanks to the EPO and thats what he was referring to. Had 0 help from the Atlantic, but it became the signal that drove the pattern and both times if I remember correctly occured after Holidays. 

Where I was 2013-14 was pretty good, but not spectacular. I got about 8" in 2013-14 and 2014-15, which is only slightly above normal. The last winter with >150% normal snowfall for the Raleigh area was 2003-04, and that was also the last time Raleigh had a top 40 (out of 130) winter as far as snowfall goes.. 2009-10 had one great snowstorm and a few marginal events, but I wouldn't call that a spectacular winter.

28 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Everyone needs to get a grip. Beginning 12/17, the torch is on. Disc golf Christmas is a go. EPS looks awful past D10, GEFS looks awful past D10. Guess we can hug the GEPS as it plunges the entire country into the freezer.

To say this in absolute terms is ridiculous.

With model to model discrepancy and the changes from run to run, I wouldn’t be so sure, at least yet.

Id have to see a little more consistency and a little more consensus before speaking in such absolute terms.

Im not saying I agree with you or disagree, just let’s wait a bit before making such declarations, especially with less than ideal consensus. Remember, this is still days away, and things can (and inevitably) will change. 

Archived