Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

All I see is system after system coming down out of Canada pushing ever HP off shore. This pattern is touchy. Maybe another thread the needle year :unsure:

Man, it's the holiday season! You gotta believe!! I guess the blockbuster pattern never materialized!? We got 2 out of 3 ( blocking) being the 1 were missing! + EPA and -AO, is gonna have to work! The ridge out west can give us the goods, we will see

12 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Man, it's the holiday season! You gotta believe!! I guess the blockbuster pattern never materialized!? We got 2 out of 3 ( blocking) being the 1 were missing! + EPA and -AO, is gonna have to work! The ridge out west can give us the goods, we will see

I am firmly in the "if it doesn't snow let it at least be chilly" camp.  In moderation, I even enjoy cold rain.

44 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

The wrong sign of the Environmental Protection Agency for the win!

25 minutes ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

My gosh the dreaded warm bubble is even showing up on this map over the western upstate two weeks from now. Think the right tip of the small blob of green goes all the way over to macks house.... LOL

Lord help this board if there is remotely a look like that on Christmas Eve!!!

Man, every model I've looked at for weeks now has clipper after clipper dropping out of Canada and nothing entering the CONUS from the pacific. I just don't feel good about this precip pattern. Hope it's just me being a Scrooge since I only got to play in my 1/8th of an inch for about 15 minutes after the sun came up this morning

11 hours ago, NC_hailstorm said:

And we have a 1003 low right off Hatteras now,Ukie wins again.

Has a weak 1013 low south of Mobile at 144 today with colder air across the upper south.

Another run of the UKMet tonight with a quasi-remarkably similar progression / look as yesterday's snowstorm.  540 thickness should be hanging out in the dark green contour.  Is Atlanta ready for another one?  :mapsnow:

db2r7xt.png

9 minutes ago, griteater said:

Another run of the UKMet tonight with a quasi-remarkably similar progression / look as yesterday's snowstorm.  540 thickness should be hanging out in the dark green contour.  Is Atlanta ready for another one?  :mapsnow:

db2r7xt.png

Cold air source west of the apps?..Another 33 degree rain for the upstate. Maybe Pensacola can score on this one 

1 hour ago, griteater said:

db2r7xt.png

Man...the Belmont, NC area got screwed ROYALLY on this last system (if you were hoping for snow). It was a mix bag of crap. We finally got some beautiful snowfall with the second system this morning, but none of it stuck to anything. What a bummer. Beggars can't be choosers I guess. I did see some beautiful half dollar size flakes in December and it is not even officially winter yet. The CLT area is ALWAYS in the BURGER RED TRIANGLE Screw zone for sure though. :(

Archived