Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

19 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Mods need to bump this post from QC with the link and pin it up top. Thanks for sharing. All I can say is holy cow! No way this stays free for the next 3 months. I was just playing around to get euro forecasted temp at 9:00 pm for my county tonight. Unbeleivable what all you can do with this site, user friendly to say the least. I can zoom right in to just my county alone. gonna play some more with it , but when looking for wetbulb lines etc this will be awesome instead of hunting interstate markers way zoomed out etc.

modez.png

Edit: Oh yea you can zero in on 850 temps,500mb , rh in snow growth area etc from every model out there and really see pin point. Get a whole lot better idea of a models depicted sounding for your back yard without having to rely on a closest airport sounding. 

Isn't this thanks to JBs breakup with that guy from weatherbell?? He said he was going to post all the good maps for free!??

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JoshM said:

NAM just keeps getting colder each run for Sunday afternoon in the CAD areas. Going to feel like a January afternoon, year of the CAD ftw.

namconus_T2m_seus_45.png

North GA looks like they will get the first real CAD event coming down off the apps.  ATL is situated in just the right place for all of that cool and dry air to funnel right down into N. GA 

Yeah the 18z is not happy hour at all. The pattern actually looks to go zonal in the long ranges with little to no cold in our region besides maybe some normal temp readings. Funny we are having some big swings from run the run. I'm still very suspect about blocking actually happening. You can see the indices today start to break down the blocking pretty quick and shoot back up. Maybe a sign or just one set for today. I think this blocking will be short lived. 

30 minutes ago, Wow said:

Most are weenies here, but that's life.  Most mets have moved on to other social media platforms and that's all we've got now.  ;)

Everybody has a little weather weenie in them, or they wouldn't be here! Who cares if all the mets have moved on, with all this open access to great free weather models( thanks Ryan) I'll just wait on Bricks analysis or look on FB

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Everybody has a little weather weenie in them, or they wouldn't be here! Who cares if all the mets have moved on, with all this open access to great free weather models( thanks Ryan) I'll just wait on Bricks analysis or look on FB

I'm with you on that!

For people worried about the models backing off the giant bowling balls...I say good riddance. The runs showing that also showed way too much ridging over Canada, and that cuts off the cold air supply and eats away at snowpack. I'm liking the less amped up runs that have a broader but more inclusive trough that goes from Canada down into the US, with more appropriate ridging east of Greenland and also along the west coast. That's really what we need, and I'm willing to wait longer to get there. Also, at no point do the models show torching here. We'll still be around or slightly below normal for the most part. We just won't have highs in the 40s.

I'm a weather weenie, and darn proud of it. Don't admit to knowing as much as a lot of folk on here, but I know enough :) . Anytime we're not torching I'm a happy camper. Last year we torched big time on Thanksgiving, with nothing good in sight. This year, the fantasy range has hinted at snow possibilities, probably won't pan out but it's better than sitting here cursing the heavens and models.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_45.png

7 hours ago, JoshM said:

I'm a weather weenie, and darn proud of it. Don't admit to knowing as much as a lot of folk on here, but I know enough :) . Anytime we're not torching I'm a happy camper. Last year we torched big time on Thanksgiving, with nothing good in sight. This year, the fantasy range has hinted at snow possibilities, probably won't pan out but it's better than sitting here cursing the heavens and models.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_45.png

Weenie on Josh, Weenie on!! :)

Wasn't up yet but the N Pac setup is totally different from the GFS by 240hrs.  GFS has a big PV south of AK while the Euro is building in a ridge.  Still way too early to know, but SE Canada lobe by 192hrs is looking like a good possibility.  Pattern's going to get blocky, the jet will slow over the Pacific and not going to get much consistency with the models at this range.

Archived