Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

:lol: Not only that, but 1995 was when Jerry came through and broke 24 hour and total storm records at GSP and other places. Over 15 inches total storm. Even if he's right, he'll be wrong.

The tropical system can be called a fluke though. July was very dry and August was too until Jerry showed up. If it does not come our way, all of August would have been just as dry and hot as July. 

This morning's disco calls for a wet Saturday PM for central/eastern NC. Have to see what the afternoon package comes up with.

PW`s of 2
inches, very high dew points in the 70s, and heating into the upper
80s to lower 90s will lead to some very heavy showers and possibly a
few strong to locally severe storms across the Sandhills and Coastal
Plain mainly between 200 PM lingering well into the evening. 1 to 2
inches of rain should drench these areas. POP of 20 in the NW, 30-40
central and 70+ will be forecast in the FAY to GSB to RWI areas.

No mention of frog-strangling rains in the afternoon AFD.

Convection allowing models suggest scattered convection will develop
within the pre-frontal trough in vicinity of the I-77 corridor by
mid/late afternoon (19-20Z), then quickly grow upscale into a SW-NE
oriented line that progresses E/SE through central NC between 21-00Z
(roughly). 

12Z GFS - 0.05" for RDU this weekend.

5 hours ago, Solak said:

No mention of frog-strangling rains in the afternoon AFD.

Convection allowing models suggest scattered convection will develop
within the pre-frontal trough in vicinity of the I-77 corridor by
mid/late afternoon (19-20Z), then quickly grow upscale into a SW-NE
oriented line that progresses E/SE through central NC between 21-00Z
(roughly). 

12Z GFS - 0.05" for RDU this weekend.

18z would only have ~.50 for the next two weeks. But there are still some cool days showing up. Just a couple of days back it depicted a couple of inches, so who knows what it will show tomorrow.  

Just shows the models are as bad in summer as winter; but we just don't care as much.  

10 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Falls apart as it gets to GSP as usual! 

Wont see more than .25 of inch of rain until we get a tropical system. The drought is real! :(

No, no, no; you've got it all wrong... THAT is what happens in the winter time when snow is moving in. It's usually the opposite when it's rain, unless of course you're Mack or Shetley. Are you guys one in the same? :unsure:

Looks like we will return to seasonable to above normal temp wise as we get into July but then again highs in the low to mid 90's with a few days pushing 100 isnt exactly unheard of in July either lol. It also looks like the models still push the troughs into the SE though so that will mean breaks in the heat and not wall to wall dry and hot ( sorry Jshetley)

2 hours ago, downeastnc said:

Looks like we will return to seasonable to above normal temp wise as we get into July but then again highs in the low to mid 90's with a few days pushing 100 isnt exactly unheard of in July either lol. It also looks like the models still push the troughs into the SE though so that will mean breaks in the heat and not wall to wall dry and hot ( sorry Jshetley)

This is pretty much what we have been seeing recently.  I'll take this all summer.

6 hours ago, downeastnc said:

His call was a titanic bust. 

So for the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that in most cases, it looks like both the GFS and the Paranormal GFS show more total precip over the SE through 384 on the 0z run than the 6z run.  This happens almost every day.  I've only started watching this over the past two or three weeks.  I could totally see how it could randomly vary between runs.  But it seems like it's almost always the case that the 0z run shows more (and sometimes significantly more) precip than the 6z.  I do not have any opinion on other run cycles.  Any thoughts as to why this might be the case?

On 6/22/2017 at 8:42 AM, NCSNOW said:

The Shet is getting wet this a.m. per radar.

Greensboro pti is gonna make it atleast until July 1st without hitting 90. Looking ahead next week its gonna be nice after the rain threats shut down throughout the day Saturday. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s for the last week of June is as good as it can get. And we should stay dry most of the week. wondering what the latest date Greensboro took to hit 90?

July 18 (in 1972)

2 hours ago, whamby said:

Jalepeno July, mo fos.

Yeah.  Everything in me says we are going to pay for the mild start to summer.  Somebody has to pay the pied piper. 

Maybe we get the year with no summer one time.

The end of the 12z goes ape **** with a 597dm death ridge over mby.  Translates to 100s.

Archived