Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, downeastnc said:

The ridge is going to slip off to the east some and this should increase storm coverage for almost all of the SE, MHX going with 30-60% chances everyday for the next 7 days for MBY...

I generally hate summer but I do enjoy when we are lucky enough to get in a pattern where there is a decent shot of storms each day, even if they aren't severe.

Could be a lot worse temp wise too. Poor Folks out west are about to be baked and fried in record fashion though...don't know how they stand it...dry heat or not. 

On 6/13/2017 at 8:44 AM, Cold Rain said:

Millions Bake As Scorching Heat and Searing Drought Destroy Crops and Drain Reservoirs In the Southeast

Says long-time South Carolina native, jshetley, "We've not seen anything like this in our lifetime.  After June concludes with it's record-breaking string of 140F days, we're likely not to see a green leaf anywhere."  Meanwhile, just down the road into North Carolina, jburns' weed lawn has brought forth one of it's most robust crops in recent memory.  For images of the extreme heat and dryness, see below:

Yes, the weed lawn is still doing fine.  Year 18.  Took these just now while I was mowing.  Side yard with weather station.

medium800.jpg

Back yard looking toward side yard in the first picture.  Shade doesn't affect weeds. :)

medium800.jpg

7 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Very nice.  You have a lot more green in your yard than I.  I have a lot of dirt.

Only fertilizer it has seen in 18 years has come from my dogs.  Good soil though.  If I throw an apple core into the yard, next spring there will be an apple tree. :)

40 minutes ago, jburns said:

Only fertilizer it has seen in 18 years has come from my dogs.  Good soil though.  If I throw an apple core into the yard, next spring there will be an apple tree. :)

Too bad NC isn't a legalized state.  You could toss a few marijuana seeds out there and then boom.  

On 6/15/2017 at 0:55 PM, SN_Lover said:

That's because of rdu. Has a suck weather enhancer winter and summer.

trustory

20 hours ago, jburns said:

I have a lemon tree coming up!

las vegas is now forecasting high temps as high as 128 tuesday and 129 in portions of death valley  next wednesday. I've often followed death valleys temps during impressive heat waves and i don't recall ever seeing a forecasted temp as high as 129. I've often wondered if they have ever forecasted a high temp in the 130s before and they are 1 degree removed from it now. crazy. 

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-116.8759992454312&lat=36.38816301823071#.WUUjIet0bwd

2 hours ago, Lookout said:

las vegas is now forecasting high temps as high as 128 tuesday and 129 in portions of death valley  next wednesday. I've often followed death valleys temps during impressive heat waves and i don't recall ever seeing a forecasted temp as high as 129. I've often wondered if they have ever forecasted a high temp in the 130s before and they are 1 degree removed from it now. crazy. 

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-116.8759992454312&lat=36.38816301823071#.WUUjIet0bwd

That could actually set a new world high temp record. There is debate now on Death Valley's current record of 134; some think it's ~4 degrees too high (like Libya was):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_temperature_recorded_on_Earth

3 hours ago, Lookout said:

Lows in the mid 90s.  That equally as shocking to me.

3 hours ago, Lookout said:

Isn't the all time record for the US 136? At Needles or Death Valley CA

3 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I'd take 120 degrees with low humidity over 90 degrees with high humidity.

Have you ever been it it? I was in Death Valley once at about 120 degrees and don't even know how to describe it. Totally different ballgame than 100 with humidity in low country SC. NO THANKS! 

Archived