Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

38 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I got nearly 7" of drought in 24 hours...a little more than half of the drought I received during Matthew.  Matthew was very droughtful.

After all the build up of today's storms, I received about .06 of drought ! I may hit 142 by Saturday afternoon , it looks toasty! Monday is gonna be our storm!

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 06Z does not have MBY going above 80 the entire run after tomorrow....average high this time of year is 80-82ish and there are several days with highs in the 60's and lows in the mid 40's sprinkled in there when the ULL comes through. Either way May looks to start off on the cool side. 

10 hours ago, Solak said:

Hmmm... the super soaker forecast now shows just 1.34" on the 06z GFS for the next 16 days.

NW flow lol, after Thur this week no one in the Carolinas or north half of GA goes above 80 for the rest of the run on the GFS.....heck there are some days in there were we don't get above 70. Lows are mid 40's a couple of nights....

gfs_T2m_seus_31.thumb.png.4014f7a95709512540fe60112bd1e24d.png

19 hours ago, Solak said:

18z down to .86" over the next 16.

12Z today is dry but it also does not have a temps above the mid 70's for the entire run, its basically early to mid April temps for the first half of May, with 4-5 nights in a row with lows in the mid to upper 40's.  The CMC is a little wetter and warmer but its all mostly from the storms coming Thur/Fri...

3 hours ago, downeastnc said:

late season nor'easter on tap for this weekend....then another cool shot and then finally some more typical May weather but still nothing out of the normal for May.

This cool weather is nice! It can get summer hot this time of year and I'm not sure if everybody knows how lucky we really are.

58 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

This cool weather is nice! It can get summer hot this time of year and I'm not sure if everybody knows how lucky we really are.

No doubt the record high for this date at PGV is 98 lol...normal temps are high around 80 low around 55 this time of year, by the end of May average highs are 83-84 with average lows in the low 60's. we don't look to see anything near that on the 06Z GFS, in fact most of SC and NC are below normal but the end of the run is warming up with 90's creeping up the coast.

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Lol Jim is good people.  He just gets shook too easily.

Yeah, he means well! This going from highs in the 50s to highs around 90, in the span of 3-4 days is rough! But way better than wall to wall heat! If we could get this east trough pattern to lock in for summer, that would be amazeballs !

Sharp temperature gradient setting up for the next two days. Those north of the warm front continue to see cooler temps and lower humidty, while others south of it are getting a dose of heat and humidity. 

3bba0353c24b44698f31889d550e8b4e.png56a3728a29e54838855d7260502139a3.png

13 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

You mean after this week? I've got 86, 89, 88 the next three days! You may be more in the trough though!?

I mean "here" in MBY, eastern NC usually benefits the most from these setups temp wise due to the E or NE wind and the fact I am 60-70 miles from the ATL. which still has temps in the low 60's at best right now. Temp outside right now here is 43 but you guys are probably close to 60 right now. 

Archived