Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Anyone buying the cooler temps showing up starting next Sunday on the GFS? What are other models showing? Shows mountains getting below freezing one morning, 40s elsewhere.

I hope so.  Mid to Upper 80s are in view of my seven day forecast.  Heck it's been in the low 80s for two weeks now down here. 

The saving grace race has been very cool mornings mixed in. 

Taking what I was told with a grain of salt but based on the possible summer forecast of cool and wet summer maybe there is something to this... I noticed on the highway the last several days and in town a lot of NCDOT crews cleaning out and redigging a lot of the storm drains.  Today they were near where I filled up so I went and asked what was up. The foreman said they were told to clean out all major road way drains and ditchs because they were expecting a very heavy rain fall amount this summer.  Who knows but it is kinda odd.

22 minutes ago, NCWX said:

Taking what I was told with a grain of salt but based on the possible summer forecast of cool and wet summer maybe there is something to this... I noticed on the highway the last several days and in town a lot of NCDOT crews cleaning out and redigging a lot of the storm drains.  Today they were near where I filled up so I went and asked what was up. The foreman said they were told to clean out all major road way drains and ditchs because they were expecting a very heavy rain fall amount this summer.  Who knows but it is kinda odd.

Check out the TN valley forum.  Mr bob and nrgjeff both opined.  It's not pretty. 

On 4/14/2017 at 0:32 AM, mackerel_sky said:

Winter of 02/03, 06/07, 09/10 blend , a weak to moderate madooki El Niño coming this fall and fading into winter !

per JB, that's his forecast! Would be amazeballs for us!

Do believe those Jan-Feb winters of 03, 07, and 10 were nothing much here in the Triangle but I'll a take a modoki el nino next year for sure!  Need it west-based though to help score.

11 hours ago, CaryWx said:

Do believe those Jan-Feb winters of 03, 07, and 10 were nothing much here in the Triangle but I'll a take a modoki el nino next year for sure!  Need it west-based though to help score.

02/03  --was a good year

06/07  --not so good

09/10  --a ok year. Would have been very good if we didn't miss that Dec storm

http://www.weather.gov/rah/events

Hi all, 

Im attending a wedding in VA Beach this Saturday April 22nd.  Can someone tell me what the Euro is showing for Friday and Saturday afternoon.  Im aware that the GFS looks like mid 60s and possibly wet but at first glance the Euro looks much warmer?  Can anyone help?

The regular 12z GFS is down to .25 or less of rain on it now for much of the southeast through Monday and I'm betting it gets even drier. Some of us may have saw our last rainfall for up to 1-2 months yesterday. The drought and heat are coming bigtime from here on out. 

8 hours ago, jshetley said:

The regular 12z GFS is down to .25 or less of rain on it now for much of the southeast through Monday and I'm betting it gets even drier. Some of us may have saw our last rainfall for up to 1-2 months yesterday. The drought and heat are coming bigtime from here on out. 

I concur. We have magically been transformed from the SE into the new desert SW. The multiple inches of rain over the past 3 weeks have been a complete mirage, as is my runaway grass growth, heck, even having grass at all is a pipe-dream. You might be a little optimistic here, may not see a drop till at least Sept when we'll have a faint shot at a tropical system dropping a few sprinkles leading to a mass bloom for a few days.

Here are a few points form an article I read earlier today: They are going to start relocating wildlife and bugs next week, in anticipation of a massive drought driven die off. "They'll have a much better chance of survival in Death Valley national park, where the wet and cool weather should sustain them," a biologist said. Emergency personnel and power companies are bracing for massive human sickness and power failures, while scientists and climatologists are flocking to the area to research the upcoming temperature readings normally found only on Venus. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience such temps," one scientist was quoted as saying, "no where on Earth has this sort of phenomenon ever occurred." Officials will be going to great lengths to ensure the scientists survival. Native residents are encouraged to vacate to better climes, such as Florida, Arizona, Nevada, and even Iraq. Fans, sprinklers, ice bags, and imported water will provide absolutely no relief. "As always, please check on the elderly, small children, and especially pets," said one concerned resident. There is a lottery process to get your pet included with the animal relocation program, for more information please call your local animal shelter. Emergency officials are expected to enact a curfew, restricting all movement between the hours of 6:30 am and 10:00 pm, as conditions are not expected to be conducive for life functions during these hours. Afghanistan, Turkey, Las Vegas, and Death Valley officials are all welcoming evacuees in hopes of making their summers pleasant. Dubai residents will be conducting a worldwide telethon to raise money and supplies, and will be sending as much water as possible to victims in the affected areas!

18 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I concur. We have magically been transformed from the SE into the new desert SW. The multiple inches of rain over the past 3 weeks have been a complete mirage, as is my runaway grass growth, heck, even having grass at all is a pipe-dream. You might be a little optimistic here, may not see a drop till at least Sept when we'll have a faint shot at a tropical system dropping a few sprinkles leading to a mass bloom for a few days.

Here are a few points form an article I read earlier today: They are going to start relocating wildlife and bugs next week, in anticipation of a massive drought driven die off. "They'll have a much better chance of survival in Death Valley national park, where the wet and cool weather should sustain them," a biologist said. Emergency personnel and power companies are bracing for massive human sickness and power failures, while scientists and climatologists are flocking to the area to research the upcoming temperature readings normally found only on Venus. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience such temps," one scientist was quoted as saying, "no where on Earth has this sort of phenomenon ever occurred." Officials will be going to great lengths to ensure the scientists survival. Native residents are encouraged to vacate to better climes, such as Florida, Arizona, Nevada, and even Iraq. Fans, sprinklers, ice bags, and imported water will provide absolutely no relief. "As always, please check on the elderly, small children, and especially pets," said one concerned resident. There is a lottery process to get your pet included with the animal relocation program, for more information please call your local animal shelter. Emergency officials are expected to enact a curfew, restricting all movement between the hours of 6:30 am and 10:00 pm, as conditions are not expected to be conducive for life functions during these hours. Afghanistan, Turkey, Las Vegas, and Death Valley officials are all welcoming evacuees in hopes of making their summers pleasant. Dubai residents will be conducting a worldwide telethon to raise money and supplies, and will be sending as much water as possible to victims in the affected areas!

And that is just May.

14 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

It has rained up here almost everyday for two weeks. 

14 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

It has rained up here almost everyday for two weeks. 

Yes, I've had a lot of rain over the past 3 weeks here in the upstate, multiple inches. It looks like we are going to continue to be well above average in temps after this quick "cool down" after tomorrow, and probably a little drier too, but I've personally had enough rain for now. I just hate this pattern of way above normal temps we've been in .... like... forever! :fulltilt:

Archived