Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little attempt at weather humor from FFC this morning: 

Tonight into Thu will see the development of a wedge which seems
appropriate as March "CAD"ness continues for the Carolinas. 

Also, a question for those who know.  I'm showing the eclipse in my area will be 98-99%.  Is it worth driving up to Clayton or thereabouts just to make it 100%?  How much difference in light will it really be?

30 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Thought we had a good chance at snapping our AN temp departure streak with March and for Raleigh it's hanging on by a thread.  RDU is officially at -0.5F for the month and the next 3 days should comfortably erase that.  

Hopefully, we can keep it going through next winter.  Definitely should be a hot, dry summer, if you believe some forecasts coming out of parts of South Carolina. :whistle:

32 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Hopefully, we can keep it going through next winter.  Definitely should be a hot, dry summer, if you believe some forecasts coming out of parts of South Carolina. :whistle:

I'm telling you, he's the JB of drought!!! Never wrong! :)  I am glad to say I live in the same state, true legend! 

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

Thought we had a good chance at snapping our AN temp departure streak with March and for Raleigh it's hanging on by a thread.  RDU is officially at -0.5F for the month and the next 3 days should comfortably erase that.  

It will be close. RDUs current average high is 67 with a low of 43. The next three days for RDU:

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. East wind around 6 mph.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 63. East wind around 7 mph.
Thursday Night
Showers likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Friday
Showers and thunderstorms. High near 69. Southeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

We might average normal for Thursday but will definitely be a little above today and Friday. Close...

PGV is currently -1.6 for the month, BN should be safe given the forecast the next 3 days.....

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. East wind 5 to 7 mph.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. East wind 8 to 10 mph.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
Friday
Showers and thunderstorms. High near 71. South wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

3 hours ago, EmersonGA said:

A little attempt at weather humor from FFC this morning: 

Tonight into Thu will see the development of a wedge which seems
appropriate as March "CAD"ness continues for the Carolinas. 

Also, a question for those who know.  I'm showing the eclipse in my area will be 98-99%.  Is it worth driving up to Clayton or thereabouts just to make it 100%?  How much difference in light will it really be?

Yes, it is worth driving to see.  You only get the twilight/nightime light during totality.  I'm taking the day off from work and driving south to get in the 2+ minutes of totality path.

4 hours ago, EmersonGA said:

Hell yes, it is worth it. Only in totality can you look directly at the sun without dark glass and see the corona.

Let me ask you something now.  Is having sex better than almost having it?

Yep, that much difference.

1 minute ago, No snow for you said:

What is almost having sex? Is that asking and she says no?

Depends on your situation. There are many causes.

1. Cop shines flashlight into car window.

2. Your teenage daughter arrives home early.

3. Doorbell rings, it's her mother.

4. You call her someone else's name.

etc., etc.

27 minutes ago, jburns said:

etc., etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Awesome

1 hour ago, jburns said:

etc., etc.

Speaking from experience? :)

The GFS is very slowly trending drier each run. What looked very wet just a couple of days ago, now looks a good bit drier and I expect to see another 50-75%, if not more, of the precip shawn on today's 12z run to  be lost. Nothing I see makes me think about changing my idea that April and May will be very dry over much of the southeast and that summer will be very hot and dry. This pattern isn't going anywhere anytime soon so get used to it.

1 hour ago, jshetley said:

The GFS is very slowly trending drier each run. What looked very wet just a couple of days ago, now looks a good bit drier and I expect to see another 50-75%, if not more, of the precip shawn on today's 12z run to  be lost. Nothing I see makes me think about changing my idea that April and May will be very dry over much of the southeast and that summer will be very hot and dry. This pattern isn't going anywhere anytime soon so get used to it.

I'm not on here that often but when I am its to learn and soak up information. You seem to post the same thing over and over about how dry it's going to be for the next 5 months with no back up once so ever. I don't understand how the mods allow you to keep posting the same nonsensical posts every time. There are a lot of good people on this site and to those I can't thank you enough for your insight and explanations on our weather. 

The recent wet weather for WNC continues and I see no signs of it backing down. I'm loving this typical spring. Already got over 0.40 inch for today, and I expect another half inch or so overnight. A slow, steady, soaking rainfall. The best kind. Robert's writeup last night was quite encouraging for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, calculus1 said:

The recent wet weather for WNC continues and I see no signs of it backing down. I'm loving this typical spring. Already got over 0.40 inch for today, and I expect another half inch or so overnight. A slow, steady, soaking rainfall. The best kind. Robert's writeup last night was quite encouraging for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Not so over much of SC except in Oconee and Pickens counties. Only scattered showers east of those 2 counties. Now I'm seeing that gulf coast convection may really cut totals with the next system. 

Archived