Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Latest drought monitor: Greenville/ Spartanburg in severe drought! Pickens and Oconee in extreme drought already!!! Need that Nino to kick in soon!

You can't believe those drought monitors, They never right!! Rain in the forecast for the next week at least. Just hope it don't get cold enough to snow again!!!! 

22 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

You can't believe those drought monitors, They never right!! Rain in the forecast for the next week at least. Just hope it don't get cold enough to snow again!!!! 

I live it!! The storms that dropped baseball sized hail  about 5-8 miles to my NE the other day, also dropped 4-6" of rain!!! I received.22 :(

Its the Shetly-effect! :(

need this Nino to kick in, asap!

I live it!! The storms that dropped baseball sized hail  about 5-8 miles to my NE the other day, also dropped 4-6" of rain!!! I received.22

Its the Shetly-effect!

I agree, I was kidding about the drought. it's very dry up here also I hope the Nino kicks in as well, I think that would bode well for us next winter for winter weather lovers or at least bode better! If it gets strong this summer and fall I hope it starts weaning quickly for the winter? we need a weak Nino next winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

I live it!! The storms that dropped baseball sized hail  about 5-8 miles to my NE the other day, also dropped 4-6" of rain!!! I received.22 :(

Its the Shetly-effect! :(

Rec'd about 1/2 inch of a nice, gentle rain - amazing lightning show all around my location - had a colleague receive baseball-sized hall in Greer/Thornblade - he has extensive car damage and his house will need a new roof

2 hours ago, drfranklin said:

Rec'd about 1/2 inch of a nice, gentle rain - amazing lightning show all around my location - had a colleague receive baseball-sized hall in Greer/Thornblade - he has extensive car damage and his house will need a new roof

My wife works in Taylor's, and the next afternoon, there were still hail accumulations in spots! Amazing storms

2 hours ago, No snow for you said:

Looking at the HRRR so much for the rain tonight and tomorrow. 

I knew that was coming. This will be the story right on through the spring and summer I'm afraid. It's going to take something big to get us out of this pattern and I don't think it happens anytime soon.

On 3/25/2017 at 8:19 PM, jshetley said:

I knew that was coming. This will be the story right on through the spring and summer I'm afraid. It's going to take something big to get us out of this pattern and I don't think it happens anytime soon.

Your dust bowl could be in trouble!

gfsp_apcpn_us_52.thumb.png.5e12f1689ba892212fca41bf89ffae0a.png

26 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

#shetleydroughtcontinues

12z GFS

gfs_apcpn_us_52.thumb.png.0b7a0299a547a951a95d7d859880a0cf.png

We're gonna need that tropical disturbance off of FL to recurve west!! A tropical system is the only way we get more than .25 of rail till October!! :)

that means we should be in real trouble, cause the developing Nino should really shut down tropical activity in the Atlantic! 

1 hour ago, franklin NCwx said:

Rivers and creeks are up with all the recent rain! Looking wet as we head into April.

Probably won't rain again until August.    Ninos suck for rain around here.  Especially when they follow Ninas in a low solar year after a winter with no hail.

Archived