Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Looks better. I also noticed at hour 66 the dew points were colder/dryer with the southward push. Puts upstate SC into the 20s whereas they were in the low/mid 30s at the same time on 6z.

with these dew points the temp should drop fast with moisture.

sfctd_conus.png

5 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

One thing to note: the NAM now shows the snow/rain line cutting (halfway north to south) through Tenn, as the 6z GFS; but the storm is considerably weaker. Again, not sure if it would develop quicker as it moves east or is this a sign of lesser totals.  

Remember during the January storm though each run of the NAM came in more and more amped

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Really to bad this wasn't a month ago....both the GEPS/EPS agree on solid temp departures.

Yes to this.  lol, it seems like this happens every year.  Sometime in March we get a system come in with some "March cold" that delivers frozen precip to the VA line to north of I-40.  Just to troll the rest of the SE.  Whatevs.  Best case scenario is a couple wet inches that accumulates on the grass and melts completely when the sun comes up north of I-40.  At this point I'd rather it just turn nice and warm.  :sun:

Wishing Winston Salem and north the best, enjoy.  

1 minute ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Why isnt there a thread for this specific storm ? We are 4 days away....

Probably because it's March and no one wants to be the guy that goes all-in first on a winter storm :lol:

I think if 12z guidance is promising someone will jump and start it. 

Archived