Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

20 minutes ago, packbacker said:

But it's fun watching how it unfolds.  It's like watching some poor sap in the Freddie movies trying to not fall asleep....we know how it ends.

Agreed!!  There have been lots of references to the 1960s.  I'm going to refer to the 2010s, where we don't get March snows anymore.  Hopefully, this one bucks the trend with the PV to the north and it stays south.  The fact that there looks to be a -NAO in place should help in that regard.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, griteater said:

SN - what do you mean by climo in this case? 

I would think the opposite....i.e. very warm winter and 2nd week of March means everything better be just right for something to work

I think the ridge increases in the west and allows more high pressure in the lakes region and greater phasing and strength of the low off of VA Beach. Could be a springtime surprise or a coffin nailer. 

I'll be back in North Carolina over spring break. It would be funny if it snows twice in the four weeks I spend in North Carolina this winter and zero times in the eleven weeks I spend in Oklahoma, considering both places average similar snowfall amounts. But it would be the first snow >1" after March 7 in the Triangle since 1983, so it's pretty unlikely.

Archived