Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, fritschy said:

Do we not have a fantasy snow storm showing for 3 weeks from now, its getting pretty bad when we can't even get the fantasy snow maps to show up, unreal how this winter is going.  :(

Nope, not even remotely close to anything frozen, sad! :(

Maybe we can keep the +20-30 daily departures , through the whole summer! I'd love that!

9 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

My God that map looks abysmal for 95% of the country. Unless you live in the Carolinas or the Arklatex area that is.

Looks like in both of those AHN to CAE, to RDU were the sweet spots. Second actually shows Western Upstate below normal and I can attest to that. That's when storms really started missing us to the east and south, ie, Carolina Crusher. 

12 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

And yet the first half was still above normal across much of the south. I wonder if places like Orlando and Tampa even had a freeze this winter ?

I believe that La Ninas are usually cold in the upper midwest/ northern plains.  That worked out in the first half of winter, but my what a switch.

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Another JB nugget: April-July very warm, centered plains/east! ( shocker)

-Worst severe season since 2011!

Modoki El Niño next winter! ( can't wait, what could possibly go wrong)

My own nugget: Next winter will feature no blocking, and +NAO! :(

We lost LC.  No faith in cold March for the east.  Still say we get another window.  It'll be painted shut with rusty hardware but a window nonetheless 

The patern that is setting up end of month into march looks like a late fall early winter storms go south to Texas then north east to the great Lakes look's like our winter in the south is over we can look forward to a lot of severe weather and rain and warmth from the models right now my trees already have leaves and might have to mow soon hope we can do better next year. This winter has to be the weirdest I have ever seen down here.

Archived