Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

19 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Not sure !? JB been quiet lately! All I can say is watch the March 2/3rd!! The highs are stronger, 1033 mb and such, so the cold press will be stronger ! That wedge showing up in VA, is classic! It will trend colder, the models always underestimate the strength of the cold! I've never seen snow covered roses,so I'm rooting hard for it! :)

Noticed SOI Index dropped to -40.11. 

42 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I'm not on board until gefs and GFS are on board! :)

BF, that bus ran out of gas and the wheels fell off in December !

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Solak said:

This is my forecast for the 3rd week of February, small problem these temperatures are normal for the last week of April. #cltwx

No automatic alt text available.

Animals are literally roasting in Australia. I pray mother nature goes easy on us this summer, but conditions point otherwise. 

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/hundreds-of-flying-foxes-cooked-alive-in-australias-heat-wave/

3 hours ago, Solak said:

This is my forecast for the 3rd week of February, small problem these temperatures are normal for the last week of April. #cltwx

No automatic alt text available.

I hate it for the fruit farmers. You know a FREEZE is coming in March, probably a few of them....... Unbelievable!!!

1 hour ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I hate it for the fruit farmers. You know a FREEZE is coming in March, probably a few of them....... Unbelievable!!!

Day 9/10 on both the GFS and Euro (ya, I know) start to bring the cold and near freezing back. Euro @ 240 is really bring the vodka cold back into Canada, coming towards the mid-west .

JB just admitted his American Pie , Feb to remember , busted badly,except for the NE and NW! Glad to see that, mad props, yo!! And how bout that GFS para!?

I've heard him admit he's busted big time, in his videos and blogs for a while. He still thinks like you said wild end??? We'll see I guess!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Be bout like us finish strong after all this blowtorch!

You would think there's not any heat left in the world!? We've got it all! It really is amazing that we have stretches and stretches of 20-30 degree above normal this whole winter basically ! Could be a top 3 warmest DJF of all time for a lot of SE atleast!

You would think there's not any heat left in the world!? We've got it all! It really is amazing that we have stretches and stretches of 20-30 degree above normal this whole winter basically ! Could be a top 3 warmest DJF of all time for a lot of SE atleast!

Yeah, it's absolutely been unbelievable! Never would have dreamed it being this bad.

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

You got it bro. Say ya peace and get it out!! Been a while I think that's right? Lol

anywhere anyone will listen, and take a minute to read between the lines, enjoy the humor and learn the lesson ...

i'm there ...

Today's wind map, etc. are brought to you by Pineapple Express, Inc.  They say droughts end with a bang.  Looks that way for CA.  After an extended and tremendously dry period, they have been under the gun with rounds of heavy rainfall.  Unfortunately, this looks to continue for at least the next two weeks.

The crisis at the Oroville dam seems to have stabilized for now, but as you can see in the images below, the watershed is set to receive several inches of rainfall, along with several feet of snow in the higher terrain, over the next couple of weeks.  The lake is currently draining 100,000 cfs down the damaged primary spillway.  The goal is to get the lake level down to 850 feet.  I believe it is around 870 now.

Much of CA is under some sort of weather hazard advisory.  It will be interesting to see if any issue reemerge with the Oroville dam or other dams and levees throughout the state.

250 mb 12 hr Wind:

gfs_uv250_npac_3.png

12 hr Precipitable Water:

gfs_mslp_pwata_npac_3.png

Total 240 QPF:

gfs_apcpn_swus_40.png

Total 240 Snowfall:

gfs_asnow_swus_41.png

Current Wx Hazards:

US.png

Current Oroville Radar:

Radar.jpg