Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

We all just moved to Florida. You didn't know that. 

[Phil] Hey what's wrong with Florida?![/Phil]

jk What a horrible winter though.  Seriously.  We have only had ONE storm to track inside of 5 days and only like three at 10 days.  That's just ridiculous any way you slice it.

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

[Phil] Hey what's wrong with Florida?![/Phil]

jk What a horrible winter though.  Seriously.  We have only had ONE storm to track inside of 5 days and only like three at 10 days.  That's just ridiculous any way you slice it.

Other than the Governor?

jk, of course.

Or am I?

LOL

I wouldn't be surprised to have one more good winter storm this winter with the way our weather seems to be one of extremes these days. Your know, the pendulum theory of going from one extreme to the other with it being so warm like today to a good winter storm. But I think going to the extreme solution of a big severe outbreak is possible and probably more likely, too. We have had more severe chances than winter storm chances this winter, so no sense in thinking that won't cotinue. Seems we have been in a pattern in the Triangle of every other decade being sucky for winter weather since the 90s. The 90s sucked overall, 2000 to 2010 was decent, and so far this decade has been bad overall. We have had a couple of goid storms, but it seems now we usually get one big storm in winter or hardly anything at all.

17 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Can't believe there's not more chatter about the Feb 28 storm on 18z GFS ! I mean look at that wedge! That's the one, Marvelous March for FTL! :)

Cold sloshed over to to the conus...need JB to slosh it back to Asia, my grass is growing/green, AC is on. I imagine even JB has thrown the towel in...

gfs-ens_T850aMean_nhem_12.png

9 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I don't know how much more weather action I can take!

2 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Lol. I can't believe how sorry this winter turned out, it's really unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news is....No way next winter will be as warm/snowless...though I think I have been saying that a lot the past decade+.  

24 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Spring is coming?????? It's been here since October!

24 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Spring is coming?????? It's been here since October!

I still say it will be a late Spring, Meaning March maybe early April will end up below average with lots of cold rains in CAD areas, severe elsewhere in the SE... Then cold shot behind each system just enough to freeze folks fruit crops........  We'll be wishing for it to warm up when it suppose to be warm. So we can catch a carp and play some golf....... lol.  I am a very Disgruntled Snowman this morning, I'm having a Meltdown.........:frostymelt: 

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I still say it will be a late Spring, Meaning March maybe early April will end up below average with lots of cold rains in CAD areas, severe elsewhere in the SE... Then cold shot behind each system just enough to freeze folks fruit crops........  We'll be wishing for it to warm up when it suppose to be warm. So we can catch a carp and play some golf....... lol.  I am a very Disgruntled Snowman this morning, I'm having a Meltdown.........:frostymelt: 

Welcome to the club!! You should change your name to bigsevere or Bigtorch! Fits the SE winters now! :(

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Welcome to the club!! You should change your name to bigsevere or Bigtorch! Fits the SE winters now! :(

We'll have the pattern we been waiting on, about a month too late!!! I still bet the mountains gets a paste bomb before summer... lol. In fact like I said last night, I bet some of the Mountains sees snow tomorrow night into Wednesday!!!

Remember when I told you that this system most likely wouldn't be suppressed and that the precip shield would "expand" farther north as we got closer? :) Also, the NE vortex isn't nearly as consolidated and as far SW as it initially looked like (what a shock), which allows the system to not be suppressed...but it also keeps the cold air away.  It also doesn't help that the system moved in faster than it initially looked like.  Even had it come in slower, the cold would still have been marginal.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_10.png

44 minutes ago, POWERSTROKE said:

We still made our average so no complaints here.  Yes I will take another but if not crank up the mowers and lets go

Winter storm wise, I'm with you. The January storm was nice for my location.

But, it was so warm otherwise that I cannot give it a passing score. If we'd just been average (temp wise) I would have giving it a C- with the one storm.    

Maybe I'll be able to revise my thoughts in the next few weeks, but as of right now it's looking doubtful.

59 minutes ago, POWERSTROKE said:

We still made our average so no complaints here.  Yes I will take another but if not crank up the mowers and lets go

Yes this is what I'm saying, had someone on another site tell me my grass wasn't growing, sure glad I was told that even though he hasn't seen it, some folks on here get ill and I've seen it before just because they don't like what someone says when this site is for discussion and folks need to chill.

Archived