Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

12 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Going to really be interesting over the next few years as the sun goes to sleep to see if there really is any merit to a very significant solar min and global climate.  I think there is, but we will know for sure soon enough.

Our friend Martin Armstrong thinks a mini ice age is coming. It will be interesting to see what happens. 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Our friend Martin Armstrong thinks a mini ice age is coming. It will be interesting to see what happens. 

Yup, and he's not the only one saying that.  His cycle analysis is usually pretty good.  Doesn't mean we'll be cold though.  For all we know, we could be the desert region.  This year certainly gives that thesis credibility!

20 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Going to really be interesting over the next few years as the sun goes to sleep to see if there really is any merit to a very significant solar min and global climate.  I think there is, but we will know for sure soon enough.

AL gore begs to differ, and so does his bank account. 

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yup, and he's not the only one saying that.  His cycle analysis is usually pretty good.  Doesn't mean we'll be cold though.  For all we know, we could be the desert region.  This year certainly gives that thesis credibility!

Probably enough of an ice age to knock us back to normal, while the rest of the world is building igloos!

Remember we have not flipped to a cold amo yet. It might be 7 or 8 more years before we flip. Combine that with low solar and we might see our

yearly snowfall averages return to the averages in the 1980's  or even better. 

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Good lord! You really know when it's winter cancel when we are looking out 2-3 winters to find a good one!! On a side note , I'm really looking forward to next winter, it couldn't possibly be worse than this dumpster fire!! I really , really hope next winter is Frontloaded , I hear they are great!! :)

2 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I find it interesting that weak Ninas are slightly cool but neg neutrals are pretty warm.  So was there or was there not an official La Nina this year?

I think this was classified as a weak Niña , at the beginning of winter or late fall. It trailed off to enso neutral, but the wheels were in motion to act like a Niña pattern! Here's hoping for a weak Nino next winter!

37 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Robert basically saying AN into March  and we are likely looking at the warmest winter in our lifetime! Things just keep getting better!

Wow, Robert never gives up this early. It's not even March yet. Sad, just plain sad. I'm still holding out for one more event to track before the door closes.

54 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Meteorologist from Shelby. Posts here occasionally, especially if snow is imminent . WxSouth is his screen name and his website

I checked out his facebook site and the CFS maps he is posting are nauseating.  It's like aliens are bombarding North America from space with H bombs.  I know a lot less than many of you but from hearing you guys talk about the indices, they don't look all that bad.  What in the world is driving this.  I want to run over to the ECMWF and tear their computers open and see what is causing the equations to turn out like they are.

Just sad, we'll be lucky to track another winter storm before the winter is over the way it looks, I thought for sure there would be another but I'm not so sure as we keep getting later and later into the winter and the sun angle is getting higher into the sky.  :(

45 minutes ago, fritschy said:

Just sad, we'll be lucky to track another winter storm before the winter is over the way it looks, I thought for sure there would be another but I'm not so sure as we keep getting later and later into the winter and the sun angle is getting higher into the sky.  :(

Don't give up !! Watch Feb 16th and 21st!! Could trend in our favor! :)

meanwhile, Seattle is going to score 3-6"+ today! Glad somebody that usually doesn't see a lot of snow, is getting a great winter! :(

52 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Don't give up !! Watch Feb 16th and 21st!! Could trend in our favor! :)

meanwhile, Seattle is going to score 3-6"+ today! Glad somebody that usually doesn't see a lot of snow, is getting a great winter! :(

At least surface temps in the long range don't look that bad. We miss out on winter storms but do get below freezing episodes afterwards. We definitely would not want an extended period of above freezing temps this time of year (..need to keep things from blooming too early).   

32 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I'll see ig I can find a positive weather post from a Met. Maybe winter makes a late come back or something!!! Maybe there's one out there that's not give up? I'll give up Mid March!

I have seen quite a few positive winter posts on twitter in the last couple of days. Unfortunately, they are all about cold and snow in Europe and Asia!!:rolleyes:

Archived