Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

15 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

2020?

Well let's assume we don't snow the rest of this winter, that will make 4 out of the past 6 winters as duds.  RDU been batting .500 for snowy vs non-snowy past 20 years.  We stay on that average we should snow next 3 out of 4 years.  I guess our avg could drop though...

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

ATL has had 1 good winter out of the last 6 winters. 2014-15 probably was my least favorite winter ever.

I'm 40 miles north of the city and I've had decent snow for the past few years.  Last year was the least snow with only 2" but from 2014 on have been decent.  I-20 is the screw zone line so using ATL as a barometer for good winters is not a good measure.

1 minute ago, EmersonGA said:

I'm 40 miles north of the city and I've had decent snow for the past few years.  Last year was the least snow with only 2" but from 2014 on have been decent.  I-20 is the screw zone line so using ATL as a barometer for good winters is not a good measure.

I'm just comparing Atlanta to other cities along I-20 like Dallas. Dallas has had way more snow than Atlanta this decade.

5 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I'm just comparing Atlanta to other cities along I-20 like Dallas. Dallas has had way more snow than Atlanta this decade.

Just because Dallas is located on I-20 doesn't mean that it's an apples to apples comparison.  Weather and storm tracks in the southern plains are totally different and bear no comparison to what happens here in the southeast.

24 minutes ago, audioguy3107 said:

Just because Dallas is located on I-20 doesn't mean that it's an apples to apples comparison.  Weather and storm tracks in the southern plains are totally different and bear no comparison to what happens here in the southeast.

Don't feed the trolls! It's the same crap all the time with him! Stuff like " it's 64 at my house, my local forecast was 61, what a bust" crap like that dribble

Jb comment on the Euro- For you MackMan!!! 

Though better than it was on the day 6 storm it looks like it has an error in dragging the southern part of the energy. You can see the front part out in front of the back part.

Line that up and it will catch up to the GFS. Still its better than it was, but goes off the rails imo after that, as it has been its habit in almost every run day 6 and beyond for a week....

Anyone notice how on every run, the positive EPO keeps getting delayed another day?

2 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

He's pretty good LR forecaster.  Has a winter bias especially for the NE.  Tends to go out on a limb.  Pretty good at pattern recognition, not so good at the details sometimes.  Still i am a fan of JB.  Many on this board are not.

Yeah, It's no secret I'm a JB fan also. That's why I like to post his thoughts! Because most all on here hate him for some reason? lol  And he's a good one to bash when winter is over before Fab Feb!! ;)

Just now, CentralNC said:

He's pretty good LR forecaster.  Has a winter bias especially for the NE.  Tends to go out on a limb.  Pretty good at pattern recognition, not so good at the details sometimes.  Still i am a fan of JB.  Many on this board are not.

BF, get on the phone and tell JB he's crazy!! Going with the GFS over Euro!!?? What's the Pioneer model showing? I'll take my chances on the Super Bowl storm for us, it's close and our only chance in my opinion! The models underestimate the CAD 95% of the time, and 4,5,6 degrees colder and we will be in business!! Give me a light wintry event any day , over a triple-phase rainer!

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

BF, get on the phone and tell JB he's crazy!! Going with the GFS over Euro!!?? What's the Pioneer model showing? I'll take my chances on the Super Bowl storm for us, it's close and our only chance in my opinion! The models underestimate the CAD 95% of the time, and 4,5,6 degrees colder and we will be in business!! Give me a light wintry event any day , over a triple-phase rainer!

Line busy, He telling them what to put into the 18z Goofy!! I'll try later. ;) I agree 100% our only chance it appears now is Sunday!! #unreal

2 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Yeah, It's no secret I'm a JB fan also. That's why I like to post his thoughts! Because most all on here hate him for some reason? lol  And he's a good one to bash when winter is over before Fab Feb!! ;)

I reall don't hate him! Really, I just wish he would get more stuff right! He really does flail around a lot and throw out a lot of mumbo jumbo, and is very NE centric! If it doesn't happen below NY or PA, it doesn't even count as weather! He is very cold biased and I have never, ever, heard him forecast a warm winter in his winter outlook! He's like the Jim Cramer of weather! :)

5 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I reall don't hate him! Really, I just wish he would get more stuff right! He really does flail around a lot and throw out a lot of mumbo jumbo, and is very NE centric! If it doesn't happen below NY or PA, it doesn't even count as weather! He is very cold biased and I have never, ever, heard him forecast a warm winter in his winter outlook! He's like the Jim Cramer of weather! :)

I know, I'm jus messing with ya! looks like we may have to go further than NY to see anymore snow? 18z GFS will be a Hugh hit watch and see............. lol

The CMC is the one that worries me, being so warm? NOT GOOD SIGN!!! 

See if 18z can give us a better look, 12z wasn't bad!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25.png

Archived