Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mackerel_sky said:

No, just moves from S AL/GA to off CHS! Need it to be a little more south, but still nice run, verbatim

I hope JB is wrong on this one. He thinks Texas to Ohio then off redevelop Va. I think next one has a better chance for us..... He's right just enough he scares me on storms 7-10 days out...... He's all about pattern not models runs....

Just now, griteater said:

Y'all just conveniently ignore the cutting CMC? Or claim it is a garbage model? Ha I see how we roll in here

I don't ignore it, all these models have been running a relay race with our storm. I'm curious who the GFS will pass the baton to next round.

50 minutes ago, fritschy said:

Thought there would be more chatter about the Feb.6-9 possibilities.  only 7 days out.  :weep:

We don't track rainstorms! But seriously, the GFS is a MA crush job , the CMC , was an apps runner, and Euro is so supressed, that there's no precip in the whole SE! Should be a little mor consistency at this range, but when GFS is only one with even a chance at wintry, it gives you not a warm and fuzzy feeling

14 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

We don't track rainstorms! But seriously, the GFS is a MA crush job , the CMC , was an apps runner, and Euro is so supressed, that there's no precip in the whole SE! Should be a little mor consistency at this range, but when GFS is only one with even a chance at wintry, it gives you not a warm and fuzzy feeling

Yeah, I'm not overly excited about winter storms right now, but the pattern does argue to keep watching.

20 minutes ago, Jonesing for a chase said:

With so little consistency hard to get down or excited.  Not happy with the recent models weakening our west coast ridge, Euro really strengthens a low into pacific NW that really screws up any chances of a storm.  Until the major PAC players get sorted out, models will be all over the place.

I agree. I'm a little discouraged by the 00z EPS. Our ridge is getting squashed, it's simple as that...without that ridge, it's simply not going to dig south OR be cold enough.

Here's the 00z on the 28th cUY7CFs.png

and the 00z last night

ZEf5K4B.png

We're still very far out, but you can see the model trying to connect the toughing over the top there...the GEFS has agreed over the last 3 runs, moving away from the ridging out west.

Not sure the mechanism of this - it might be the fact that the AK ridge is moving out (towards russia) during this time period, and moving quickly, giving us only a brief moment to make that ridge connection.

Good news though, mega ridging on 2/10 on the GEFS says we get another shot, if this one doesn't work out. You can see the s/w over the gulf states here on the 06z. It would be a shame to miss out on both of these due to cold not being deep enough. At this point, it's hard to trust either one.

E4ufvqP.png

31 minutes ago, Jon said:

Well, we'll see if we can back off of this in two days. Yikes. 

IMG_6201.GIFIMG_6202.GIF

This is what I was talking about the other day.  I don't know what it is about the CFS, but it seems to do this frequently.  It'll get cold with about 10 days to go in the month and then the last few days it reverts back to warm.

Archived