Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z EPS looks good, a stronger storm signal than the 00z. I suspect individual members showing a bit more support. The control will be a huge snowstorm for NC. Ridging is better this run, and the confluence is more south and stronger. 

IMG_6199.PNG

32 minutes ago, JoshM said:

18z GFS is way too warm, close to an apps runner. So we've had, Great Lakes, Gulf of Mexico, upstate new york. Anyone wanna take bets on where it'll be next?

One of the runs either yesterday or Wednesday took the storm straight north of texas, turned right at Nebraska and went across the Ohio Valley lol. 

I think this storm has a decent chance to be pretty for the mountains, but we're gonna need a lot of love with the perfect track and timing to keep the storm south for it to be good east of the mountains.

1 minute ago, WarmNose said:

It's like a funeral in here! I heard the GFS was very active in the LR. Things are looking up! After the King comes back more suppressed and tics 200 miles further to the south tonight I'll start the thread for our little event on the 5th/6th!:guitar:

Yea the Euro was suppressed so you would think there would be more optimism at this stage and given the timing that we have between now and the storm. And Jon has dibs on the storm thread.

6 minutes ago, Poimen said:

Lack of serious cold on the models is a concern at this stage, IMO. Marginal cold rarely cuts it around these parts. 

Yep, the ma thread is happy as a clam, but down here it just doesn't look cold enough. 

They seemed really stoked about the whole pattern coming up the next 2 weeks. Amazing how different things can be south of Virginia line.

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

Yep, the ma thread is happy as a clam, but down here it just doesn't look cold enough. 

They seemed really stoked about the whole pattern coming up the next 2 weeks. Amazing how different things can be south of Virginia line.

It's also amazing how different things can be 2 miles south of I-85 in Greenville County. That black top has crushed my dreams many times throughout my life! 

6 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

We say the same thing about the MD line..and the PA line for the MD folks...sometimes you can't be far enough north..until you are and then the southern slider comes along and you get fringe job.  Many of you have had more snow than us right now...and it may end that way.  Who knows.  

8 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Fun storm signal showing up out in La La land on the 18z GFS. Verbatim: Not fun..with a little imagination: blockbuster storm!

image.png

Yeah, the GEFS has blocking in Greenland like the whole run! And we can't muster anything more than slightly cool in the SE throughout. This where the the NE and ma cash in the next 2 weeks. 

Archived