Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Terrible low track up through the coastal plain.  Rain for RDU with that track.  Either the wedging is wrong or the track is wrong.  Happy Hour!

It's showing a very cold initial air mass. Dew points in the single digits before the storm comes in; but your right not the optimal track for us in central NC.

Of course if this storm does pan out, the upcoming days of model runs will have all kinds of swings in the depicted outcome.

15 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

It's showing a very cold initial air mass. Dew points in the single digits before the storm comes in; but your right not the optimal track for us in central NC.

Of course if this storm does pan out, the upcoming days of model runs will have all kinds of swings in the depicted outcome.

Yeah man, something will be quite a bit different than currently depicted when the time comes.  My guess is that if the wedge is that strong, the track won't look like that.

I should also say that it's cool to see a fantasy storm show up!

48 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Looks like the models are starting to show potential for February.  The GFS did a good job with the general idea of the last storm and started picking it up 10 to 14 days out. Good to see a possible threat show up again.

Quit loafing around on the 'net and get back to your job! :P

8 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Is it out to 228 or so yet?  Never had much faith in the clipper 

The clipper look turned poor on the modeling....Euro pretty much won out there

Out to 150 on GFS....the PV and associated trough into New England are farther east this run....I suspect the GFS will move north with the storm this run...we'll see

Archived