• Member Statistics

    15,529
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Recommended Posts

I'd give this winter a C- so far if it ends like this and not another flake falls. Not making light of how awful this year has been. It's just hard to give any lower than a C when you actually reached average snowfall. But jeez has this winter sucked for threats. No tracking at all outside December and no real cold air. I haven't been below 21 the whole winter imby. Not sure about the airports at GSP and CLT but that never happened even when I lived in CAE for 5 years. To call this winter a suck fest is being generous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Waiting on snow said:

I'd give this winter a C- so far if it ends like this and not another flake falls. Not making light of how awful this year has been. It's just hard to give any lower than a C when you actually reached average snowfall. But jeez has this winter sucked for threats. No tracking at all outside December and no real cold air. I haven't been below 21 the whole winter imby. Not sure about the airports at GSP and CLT but that never happened even when I lived in CAE for 5 years. To call this winter a suck fest is being generous.

If I get 8 weeks of sunny and 50s/60s here in the Triad on top of my 14" of snow in Dec, I would give this winter and A++!  I was so incredibly annoyed that we lost our fall weather.  So to have a shot at redemption here is A OK with me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Waiting on snow said:

I'd give this winter a C- so far if it ends like this and not another flake falls. Not making light of how awful this year has been. It's just hard to give any lower than a C when you actually reached average snowfall. But jeez has this winter sucked for threats. No tracking at all outside December and no real cold air. I haven't been below 21 the whole winter imby. Not sure about the airports at GSP and CLT but that never happened even when I lived in CAE for 5 years. To call this winter a suck fest is being generous.

If we average your C with the entire southeast, the overal score would be an F. You guys getting a big snow once during the winter for your little area is a drop in the bucket. Grass doesn’t even stay dead all winter anymore. I think maybe, where I’m at, it got below freezing maybe 7 days this winter. Absolutely absurd. If we took out the outliers (cause now that’s what they are), we would see this winter absolutely baked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the litter box.. 

On 2/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Waiting on snow said:

I just shit in the litter box and named it winter 18/19!

For southeast Tennessee, this winter is when the cat misses with the turd and sprays pee all over the room.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zippo.   

 

Got plastered December 17.  I guess this is the balance.   I can see a few more blanks before another decent score.  I sure hope we get another storm.  All I ask for is one per year.  I’m not greedy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its becoming clear as bleak as the LR looks that it's over for us barring a late season miracle. And I'm ok with that. After this week I'll have spring fever. However something is going on with Feb lately. I would say early spring but March and April are colder than Feb lately. So I guess it could be a bad run of luck. But this image from Brad P puts into perspective how Feb isn't exactly Fab Feb anymore. Around half of the record highs for Feb have occurred this decade. Now this year  is looking equally shitty.

IMG_20190204_185232.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Well it's Feb 5th and I have clouds rolling in overhead. I wonder if I might get some frozen precipitation? Oh wait, never mind, it's 72 degrees! :weep: :thumbsup:

I've got 76 here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jburns said:

As much as I enjoy a good snowstorm I refuse to complain about today's weather. It was glorious.

 

Everybody at work was in such a great mood today including myself. It really has been a downright depressing stretch of weather, going back to October it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was 80 degrees according to the thermometer in my car, officially 79 in Cola.   I really need to mow my lawn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jburns said:

As much as I enjoy a good snowstorm I refuse to complain about today's weather. It was glorious.

I am certainly enjoying it.  Last year in this neck of the woods the warm week in February was pretty much it for any extended warm weather until May.  Come mid-April when the wind is gusting to 40 mph and the snow flurries flying I will be wishing for February weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put the pre-emergent down this morning and kicked on the irrigation. My PWS hit 73 Monday, 84 yesterday. Already at 80 again today and at least two more days on tap of this. Soil temp is above 55°. It's time!

 

20190206_082726.jpg

20190206_085204.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you all were hating so bad on my posts a month or 2 ago about this winter sucking and being over... LAte next week I expect flowers and cherry trees to bloom for parts of the south 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, wncsnow said:

And you all were hating so bad on my posts a month or 2 ago about this winter sucking and being over... LAte next week I expect flowers and cherry trees to bloom for parts of the south 

Saw that last week of January here in Charleston. Last night I was out at sunset and the frogs were deafening. Also other insects as well chirping away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlotte only dropped to 64 last night! Highest minimum ever for Feb. And to do it the first week of Feb! Good times folks. The winter that keeps on giving. 2019 already following the footsteps of the last few years. Smdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst winter ever. I’ve seen some bad ones, but this takes the cake. Its hot today even by spring standards. We suck at snow. It will never snow again. The sky is falling. Magnetic north is shifting the wrong direction. We might as well live in South Florida. Winter is gone and never coming back 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Worst winter ever. I’ve seen some bad ones, but this takes the cake. Its hot today even by spring standards. We suck at snow. It will never snow again. The sky is falling. Magnetic north is shifting the wrong direction. We might as well live in South Florida. Winter is gone and never coming back 

https://www.wral.com/2018-was-4th-warmest-but-next-5-years-could-break-records/18173754/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WarmNose said:

Worst winter ever. I’ve seen some bad ones, but this takes the cake. Its hot today even by spring standards. We suck at snow. It will never snow again. The sky is falling. Magnetic north is shifting the wrong direction. We might as well live in South Florida. Winter is gone and never coming back 

Yep, it was rolling our way there for a little while, and then it started hauling a$$ over to Siberia.  Definitely going to go down as the worst winter ever in my book, unless we get one of those Marches of yore to show up.  Most certainly, the expectations for this winter make it all the worse.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Yep, it was rolling our way there for a little while, and then it started hauling a$$ over to Siberia.  Definitely going to go down as the worst winter ever in my book, unless we get one of those Marches of yore to show up.  Most certainly, the expectations for this winter make it all the worse.

This whole decade has sucked. I've never doubted global warming but was skeptical of rate of warming predicted. Not so much now as something is definitely off this decade. The whole decade is warm but since 2015 it has accelerated faster than I ever thought. I figured I'd never live to see the day where snow is a thing of the past. Now I'm not so sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waiting on snow said:

This whole decade has sucked. I've never doubted global warming but was skeptical of rate of warming predicted. Not so much now as something is definitely off this decade. The whole decade is warm but since 2015 it has accelerated faster than I ever thought. I figured I'd never live to see the day where snow is a thing of the past. Now I'm not so sure. 

It may be upon us. A few well timed hours of sleet and mix in early december kept this form being a complete blank, and another 2011-2012. 

At GSP last 3 Febs:

Feb 2017: +8.2, only 6 readings below 32, lowest 26. 12 days above 70 with a high of 81!

Feb 2018: +7.9, only 6 readings below 32, lowest 22. 8 days above 70 with 2 reaching 80 and 81! 

Feb 2019: (Through first 7 days) +12.4, only 2 readings below 32, lowest 28. 3 days over 70 with high of 77!

Feb just keeps getting worse and worse. 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.