Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
Jonathan

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

I hope you’re not buying it for traction in snow?? Your wasting your money!! Save it for preemergeant! :)

Well, someone just posted clippers in the discussion thread. If that's what we have to rely on to save this pattern change, well....I don't need to say more. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've more or less given up on a wintry pattern for this area. I mean, that doesn't mean we can't squeak out a storm in one of these cold shots, but the SSW/PV split, -AO, MJO, etc. are all failing to materialize and the models are backing off a true wintry pattern. At least it's not two weeks of a heat ridge, so I'll take that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

I've more or less given up on a wintry pattern for this area. I mean, that doesn't mean we can't squeak out a storm in one of these cold shots, but the SSW/PV split, -AO, MJO, etc. are all failing to materialize and the models are backing off a true wintry pattern. At least it's not two weeks of a heat ridge, so I'll take that.

I'll take the heat ridge over rainstorms between Arctic fronts anyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

I'll take the heat ridge over rainstorms between Arctic fronts anyday.

You'll have the heat ridge steady from May to September, and periodically March, April, and October. I'll take cold/cool anyway and anytime I can get it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many on here need to take a break or need another hobby.  In the grand scheme of things it’s weather,  it’s not a life crisis.  I love it as much as anyone but keep it in perspective.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Icy Hot said:

Probably should change your username. Lol

Why do you think I hate winter? I'm always waiting on snow that I never get!! Lol it's always so elusive and just barely out of reach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the reason why snowmageddon happened in b'ham and atlanta is simple folks we had close to 50 hours below freezing before the moisture arrived so every flake of snow that fell stuck on the roads......one inch of snow on frozen already roads is very bad, while 4 inches falling onto warm roads just melts.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or are the ensembles not agreeing with their Operationals, as well as operationals of other models? Both the GEFS and EPS show some decent snow for the upstate and piedmont areas, but I have yet to see an operational run that shows anything more than a flurry or dusting for the upstate, with some being a complete whiff. While I'd rather have the ensembles on my side at this point, it would be nice to see at least one operational showing something convincing for the upstate/piedmont areas. Everything has either been MS/AL/TN snow, and more recently MCN/CAE/WLM snow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Is it just me or are the ensembles not agreeing with their Operationals, as well as operationals of other models? Both the GEFS and EPS show some decent snow for the upstate and piedmont areas, but I have yet to see an operational run that shows anything more than a flurry or dusting for the upstate, with some being a complete whiff. While I'd rather have the ensembles on my side at this point, it would be nice to see at least one operational showing something convincing for the upstate/piedmont areas. Everything has either been MS/AL/TN snow, and more recently MCN/CAE/WLM snow. 

That comes from several factors:

1)Not handling the h5 energy well

2) the OPs are just that, operationals, so the ensembles will have more spread

3) the GEFS is currently hampered by the fact the GFS has sort-of incomplete data due to the shutdown

4) For the ensembles not matching other model ensembles, see point number one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from a camping trip out by Morganton. Saw a few wet flakes on the drive up on Thursday between Winston-Salem and Statesville and again between Statesville and Morganton but that was it. Lots of rain on Saturday but woke up to clear skies and cool temps this morning. Had a great time but could have done without all the rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey is anyone else getting those pop ups everytime you go from one topic to the other, very annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fv3 would be awesome for coastal areas and maybe over to I-77, but would be yet another heartbreaker for western upstate! Got a little from Dec but missed on most of it. Missed both big storms last year; Dec 17 to the West and North, and early Jan coastal to the South and East, looks like the exact same could happen again. THIS AREA SUCKS FOR SNOW!!! If the Fv3 were to verify, CHS would have more snow than GSP for the second straight year!

Maybe we'll get a shot with the next system, but that may be another NC storm. :ee::frostymelt::weep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here we go again we're very cold of which would support snow easily, but we warm up and get 2-3 inches of rain Wednesday night into Thursday and then we turn cold again but no moisture, dry and cold again, very very disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

This pattern is turning to shit very quickly.

Are you really surprised by that? Even if the epic pattern did materialize we wouldn't have any better chance than we do now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

Are you really surprised by that? Even if the epic pattern did materialize we wouldn't have any better chance than we do now. 

I'm not, because when I saw that the PV split failed to propagate downwards and the MJO crashed, this wouldn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WidreMann said:

I'm not, because when I saw that the PV split failed to propagate downwards and the MJO crashed, this wouldn't happen.

PV split failed... in other news, water is wet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think we can safely say that after a week or so of below normal, the pattern is pretty much going back in the crapper.  Maybe by late Feb, we’ll have another shot at a cold blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is going to get busier and busier, and only compounded by the over the top winter forecasts and epic pattern calls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its winter in the southeast. Yeah we do occasionally get snowstorms but not regularly. Anyone from rdu tonthe west can save their tears. They had an epic storm already. I had 4 inches in that one with huge raging flakes when I was expecting an hour or two of light snow before the switch.

Sit back and see how this all unfolds. Almost everyone is already above average for the year....how much can we complain about that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Yeah I think we can safely say that after a week or so of below normal, the pattern is pretty much going back in the crapper.  Maybe by late Feb, we’ll have another shot at a cold blast.

I just ordered my premergent from Southern States. All this forecasted warm weather will surely germinate those weeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×