Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, mackerel_sky said:

Time to crush it, with a sleet storm

I'll take a sleet storm. Just have to get enough to make it relevant. I've said this 10 times in the past, but my favorite storm of all time was the 1996 January storm. Got 6" of mostly sleet which was amazing. Stayed cold afterwards and a week later had a huge freezing rain event. Even the January storm of last year was great (to me). That was nearly 5" of sleet and snow.   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I agree. He hasn't responded in over two weeks. Was there any issues on this site; like arguments with other posters? If not, it would be nice to check (if possible).   

I mean, a few people didn't like his posting about the warm-up we're currently in.  But nothing big, so far as I know.  I PM'd him but never heard back. :(

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I mean, a few people didn't like his posting about the warm-up we're currently in.  But nothing big, so far as I know.  I PM'd him but never heard back. :(

I hope nothing serious has happened. Otherwise I hope he comes back. He's one of the big knowledgeable posters. When everybody contributes, incredible amounts of weather information flows from this site. He's part of that...   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I hope nothing serious has happened. Otherwise I hope he comes back. He's one of the big knowledgeable posters. When everybody contributes, incredible amounts of weather information flows from this site. He's part of that...   

yepp, a big part. It would s#3k not to have him around. His last post was on the 11th.

• Like 1

Is it ok for local weather mets to get busted rain forecasts? It's hilarious they won't say snow until a day out. CJ yesterday said we have a 60-70% chance of rain this weekend coming up, he never goes that high, but models had so much agreement, he had to go that high and Sat/Sun was going to be a complete washout! Lol Actually used " slam dunk"

GFS has barely sprinkles on either day now! Guess it's ok to go in on a 6 day rain event! SMDH

On 1/22/2018 at 4:14 PM, jburns said:

Admin is aware of the problem and it is being worked on. It's more complicated than it seems.

So how is it that complicated?

A--Commitment to advertiser(s) who have paid for this type of annoying pop-up view and now the owner has a contractual obligation to uphold?

<or>

B--Technical changes required that are more complex and involve an AmericanWX VS reboot (assuming virtually hosted) and/or a re-boot of the hard host site thus requiring more detailed and planned coordination, etc?

Inquiring minds...  :)

22 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

So how is it that complicated?

A--Commitment to advertiser(s) who have paid for this type of annoying pop-up view and now the owner has a contractual obligation to uphold?

<or>

B--Technical changes required that are more complex and involve an AmericanWX VS reboot (assuming virtually hosted) and/or a re-boot of the hard host site thus requiring more detailed and planned coordination, etc?

Inquiring minds...  :)

Not sure what it is but Wow has a thread (Russian pop ups) on the top of the home page where he has addressed some of this.

• 3 weeks later...

Venting Frustration!

Apple trees starting to bud out, expecting the typical SC midlands killing frost to pop up in two weeks or so, sigh :weep:.  I really wish spring would either hold on from here on out or that it turns cold soon and gets the last cold shot out of the way.   This mid-february and near 70 degrees plays hell with my fruit trees.

1 minute ago, JoshM said:

Long Term Summary:

SER makes us it's bitc*
Wedge makes a cameo

The wedge is the only thing that keeps dark red colors off of us when the February 2m departure from normal maps come out at the end of the month. Stout wedge in the heart of winter tomorrow and 42 degrees is the lowest we can go..pitiful